Well the end is near...
Create Post

Well the end is near...

So I ship to Boot on Jan 7th.. Finally.. I just have a few questions. first off Should I pack up some of my room like DVD's and other stuff so once I get to my Duty station I can just pick up and leave?

Also If any of you Marines or Poolees want to send me your Address in a PM please send it that way I can wright you in Boot.

Next what should I do with my Car ins. and Cell Phone Bill is there any way to put that on hold while im away?

And is there any other thing that I should get done before I leave?

-Dan

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Damn.....I thought we were doomed by the soothsayers saying the world will end tomorrow! Or Chicken Little saying the sky is falling..the sky is falling,by you saying,"The End Is Near!"

Good luck to you and enjoy the time you have left with your family and friends! Come back and see us as a Marine!

I would caution on thinking that you will be transferring your room at home to your barracks room. My advice would be pack...but wait until you complete your SOI, MCT or go to your MOS school and then go to the fleet and find out what and where you will be living. You may be turning around and sending that stuff back home or putting it in storage if you get deployed.

Credits
    Savings
    Danman - first of all, best of luck to you!!

As far as your bills, if you reach out to your companies and address this with each of them now, you may find that some may offer deferred payments while you are gone to boot. Each company is different though. If you've saved some cash you could ask a family member to pay the bills for you if you give them the $$ upfront or just pay in advance yourself.

Your recruiter may have some good suggestions too, as they answer this question frequently. I don't think you are allowed to keep your checkbook in your footlocker at boot, but even if they allow it nowadays, you really won't have the time available to address paying the bills.

Happy holidays!!
    C

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pack it all up and give it all away to somebody - the Corps will issue EVERYTHING to you. If they don't think you need it, you won't get it.

The beginning is around the corner Danman. Half full or half empty?

Best wishes on your journey!

i ship the same date.seems like everyone is.

I ship one week after. If no one else will be driving your car why bother paying insurance on it?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If no one else will be driving your car why bother paying insurance on it?
    Because the end is near! Better to pay the set rate then restart with a new policy and premium if at all possible!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well the End is Near, but you will be born again hard! You soaked up some good info here and its time for you to go and find out the meaning of Never Quit!

Wear an outfit you don't care about, because it will sit in a bag for 3 months and you may be going home in a Marine uniform. Leave personal belongings at home, other than a picture ID and maybe $10 and a picture of Jody for the hog board.
    If your car is not a total piece of crap, keep comprehensive coverage in case it gets stolen or a tree falls on it, but you can drop colision if it won't be driven. When/if you graduate, 10 days leave will give you plenty of time to get your stuff in order before you go to MCT and MOS school. Once you graduate MOS school, you will wind up on a plane or bus to your duty station, so you better have what you want to take with you at that time.
    Most cell phones have contracts, so you better just set up an automatic bank debit.
    One more thing. Before you leave, spend some time with your parents and tell them you love them and appreciate all they have done for you. When you leave, you are changed forever. It's best to go with no regrets.

Thread Information