DEP Requirements
Create Post

DEP Requirements

Hey everyone, i'm planning on joining the marines doing the split program. I also want to do the delayed entry program. I was just wondering since it's hard to find solid proof of this, i'm 17, do I need my parents consent to do the DEP? Thanks in advance.

ok .. let me ask ya somehting.... do you know what the DEP is? and what it stands for.. some don't know. It is called the Delayed Entry Program. I did the DEP for almost 1 year. It is there to prepare you for boot camp. It shows that you want to go as soon as they can send you and nothing is holding you back. It has its up's and downs. For example good side if you wanna way that people watch over you and look out for you. if you get into any kind of trouble after you already enlisted the recruiters are able to help you more just becuase you are in the DEP, just so long as it is in reason. it cant be anything crazy like a DUI or something. The DEP was created to prepare you for Boot Camp. The recruiters out of your Recuriting Station will have weekly Poolie Functions and they just wanna know how you are doing. If you are in School they ask for Report Cards and Progress Reposts to be sure that you are going to graduate. At those functions you do PT or Knowlage or anything that will help prepare you for the Marines. there is no real bad side casue you are in the DEP to Benifit yourself.

In order to get into the DEP you got to go to MEPs and sware in. That means you need to be the following:
    at least a high school senior (going in your senior year or in your senior year)
    17 years old, with a Parent Consent
    no BIG medical problems...(now most of that is waiverable)
    you never done drugs(caugh caugh)(as long as the marines dont know.. it doesnt matter)(now i am not saying to lie either)you choose..(tell your recrutiers the truth.. they are there to get you into the MArines.. they want to help you!)
    thats about it..

just stick to your story..
    if you are graduating this year and you have not taken the ASVAB take it or go to the USMC Recruiter and take it! the Sooner that you get in the better chance that you get the Job that you want. Trust me i know that. The sooner you enlist the higher chance of you getting a Bonus.
    now.. i hope that this helps if you wanna know more just ask.

Thread Information