Am I crazy?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

Am I crazy?

Hi everyone, I am coming here today to get some real Marine opinion on what I am thinking. I am 33 years old. I have wanted to join the Marines since high school. However, I chose to make different decisions. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for everything that I have now. I have a great career in computers which I make $300k+/yr. I have a clearance. Family wise, I am divorced with two children, both boys. However, lately, I have been thinking about enlisting in the reserves. Financially, I would be fine while not working for a year or so. I don't know why, but I feel I must do this. For the longest time I have always wanted to be a Marine. Do I sound crazy to anyone else? I just don't want to go through life regretting not enlisting.

Please lend me your opinions.

Matt

If that's what you want....Do it.

Whatcha waitin' on...you ain't gettin any younger!!! Matter of fact, your age might be a problem...call a recruiter and get the skinny!! Good luck!!

you're crazy

$300k a year,and no danger...maybe you are crazy
    Then again,maybe we're the crazy ones,putting our lives on the line for people that sit at home,just to become crack heads...non the less,we all need to feel like we make a difference in this world...Becoming a Marine can fill the void...and you can make a direct impact on the world!...Good luck!... it wouldn't be a lack of effort if you at least tried to get in.

Do it. The Title can't be bought with cash. Better talk to that recruiter asap. You're close to the age limit.

You think you know sore and fatigued from the deluxe membership available to those who make over 300k at swank fitness? After shining a seat with your pogue ass all day hehehe for god knows how many years you'll be hatin life in boot camp. Why you felt compelled to mention annual income i can only speculate but i hope they thoroughly kick and wear your ass out.

--->Dave Mims

Hey you live in Maryland. My boyfriend's on recruiter's assistance all week. Come up to the recruiting station and we'll try to hook you up. hehe.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    Hey you live in Maryland. My boyfriend's on recruiter's assistance all week. Come up to the recruiting station and we'll try to hook you up. hehe.
    ...but he has to buy the coffee!

Never said no danger. I recently returned from Iraq. I spent a few months there. I have to say, hanging out with the Marines, just made me want to join right then and there.

I want to earn the title!!!

BTW, Thank you for the replies everyone. I'm just wondering if it's worth it? I would be giving up a lot, mostly money, at least for a while. However, I think earning the title of United States Marine would be well worth it.

Going down to the recruiters office tomorrow. At least see if he can get a waiver for my age.

YOU CANNOT BUY THE TITLE "UNITED STATES MARINE" YOU EARN IT.

TO OBSERVE A "MARINE", IS INSPIRATIONAL.
    TO BE A "MARINE",IS EXECEPTIONAL.

SEMPER-FI
    SGT J.P.
    USMC-RET

It's kind of like the red button that says "DO NOT PUSH." The question is...do you really want to spend the rest of your life wondering...

Life is full of "if onlys", and the older you get, the more you come up with. I personally wouldn't want to go through boot camp at 33, but then, if you want it bad enough, go for it.

Thread Information