Third time's the charm
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Third time's the charm

Well, I am finally all good to go to boot on Monday. I went to MEPS today after staying in the hotel last night and I made weight and passed the inspect (which was wicked easy, might I add LOL), so I am actually going this time! I was supposed to go on 13 November, but a family member died a few days prior which had me extremely upset and stressed, so the Gunny at my RSS changed my ship date; then on 03 December I was told I was going to ship in two days! I was pretty sick them though, and they did not approve me to ship. So, my date was for 17 December, and well, I finally made it. I'm pretty excited and pretty nervous all at the same time, and I have been wanting this for years and years, so I am hoping that will keep me going despite the self-doubt I may have. Thank you everyone SO much for helping me out, being so supportive, giving and providing great information...everything. I know if I didn't make it here I would not be as confident as I am now, although I am not 100% confident either - I think everyone has those self-doubts when going into something like this. I am getting picked up to go to MEPS around 0300, and hopefully I will be coming back the weekend of 14 March with that EGA!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Holly

If time permits and I doubt that it will try and take it one thing at a time at Parris Island. Things will start to go faster and faster and before you know it you will have that EGA.

When you return from Parris Island don't forget to update your profile so we can call you a Marine here on the forum

Good luck.

Congradulations......One step closer!!...If you want it bad enough,it'll happen!

Quote Originally Posted by RockSteady85
    Well, I am finally all good to go to boot on Monday. I went to MEPS today after staying in the hotel last night and I made weight and passed the inspect (which was wicked easy, might I add LOL), so I am actually going this time! I was supposed to go on 13 November, but a family member died a few days prior which had me extremely upset and stressed, so the Gunny at my RSS changed my ship date; then on 03 December I was told I was going to ship in two days! I was pretty sick them though, and they did not approve me to ship. So, my date was for 17 December, and well, I finally made it. I'm pretty excited and pretty nervous all at the same time, and I have been wanting this for years and years, so I am hoping that will keep me going despite the self-doubt I may have. Thank you everyone SO much for helping me out, being so supportive, giving and providing great information...everything. I know if I didn't make it here I would not be as confident as I am now, although I am not 100% confident either - I think everyone has those self-doubts when going into something like this. I am getting picked up to go to MEPS around 0300, and hopefully I will be coming back the weekend of 14 March with that EGA!
    I wish you the best of luck! I know you'll do just fine. It was great being able to talk to you this past week or so, hopefully I'll see you there! Remember, failure is not an option! Keep your head up and eyes straight!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good luck my future little Sister.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tick----tick----tick.....another one is leaving the nest! Good luck and git- R - done! You will be fine. Pm me if you want Moto mail, if you haven't already gotten my adress.

Dave

Lucky! i have to wait till july, lol.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by drwilkinson
    I wish you the best of luck! I know you'll do just fine. It was great being able to talk to you this past week or so, hopefully I'll see you there! Remember, failure is not an option! Keep your head up and eyes straight!
    Thanks girl, you too! I'm hoping I will do just fine, but I am going to give it my all and see where that takes me It was awesome being able to chat and bond a bit with you over the past week too, and hopefully we will definitely see each other down there, and, if we are that lucky, get to be in the same platoon! I'll remember failure is not an option if you keep it in mind too, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Tick----tick----tick.....another one is leaving the nest! Good luck and git- R - done! You will be fine. Pm me if you want Moto mail, if you haven't already gotten my adress.

Dave
    Thank you Corporal! Like I said, I am hoping I will be fine, but I am going to give it my all and see where that takes me I already have your address in my address book all ready to go, and I will be writing you as son as I get the chance along with my parents and my recruiter. I could definitely use some moto mail no matter what! Thank you

Good Luck Holly! I know you've been waiting to leave for awhile now. And hopefully with things going to plan we'll both be back here on that same time in March with our EGA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdncowboy
    Good Luck Holly! I know you've been waiting to leave for awhile now. And hopefully with things going to plan we'll both be back here on that same time in March with our EGA's.
    I know! It's been forever, both with trying to DEP in and just trying to ship out. I didn't think it was going to happen for a while, but I kept my faith and motivation and it has gotten me here That's right, you're shipping out Monday too, huh? Good luck man, and hopefully, like you said, barring any unforseen incidents, we'll both be back here the weekend of 14 March posting about getting our EGA and the graduation the Friday before

Hey, I just checked the weather down in Beaufort, SC down there, and it's supposed to be around 60 the first full day that I am there. That's a helluva lot better than the 19 degrees (and awaiting snow) it is here in Jersey LOL.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good luck! At least you're going in the winter, I swear those of us hailing from the Yankee states would melt in the summer. Hope to see you back with that Eagle, Globe and Anchor!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck! Godspeed,fair winds and following seas! Wishing you the best! When you become a Marine come back and check in !

Good luck to you and bring that EGA back home to NJ and wear it proudly

Good luck and stay motivated. Don't leave the island without that EGA!!!

Thread Information