Marine Corps MP SRT teams
Create Post

Marine Corps MP SRT teams

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience/held this MOS? I'm going for MP and this secondary MOS really interests me, the info i have found is that they are the SWAT of the Marine Corps.they are used to take down specialized threats and contain situations that conventional MP teams cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling
    I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience/held this MOS? I'm going for MP and this secondary MOS really interests me, the info i have found is that they are the SWAT of the Marine Corps.they are used to take down specialized threats and contain situations that conventional MP teams cannot.
    I served from 1985 to 1989 as an MP, and team NCO of SRT, I also held search & rescue swimmer, and marksman designations. I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort under H&HS, PMO. At the time at MCAS Beaufort we had 3 SRT teams each individually trained for specific mission capabilities. Additionally two SRT teams (Mine included) were crossed trained in SAR and C-SAR. Being a team member was exciting and gave access to unbelievable training opportunities (Not all volunter, I might add). Although I cannot speak to the experiences of all SRT members, mine in my own time in the Corps. was amazing, and I honestly miss it every day of my life. Although Marines with SRT units are not allowed (at least during my time) to discuss missions / operations. I can say that we worked in conjunction with the U.S. Coast Guard in many operations, and in unison with other special operations and special forces units of the Navy, Army, and Air Force frequently. My unit while primarly designated as a "garrison - air station" unit, (As I believe most if not all special reaction teams are) was deployed MANY times. In addition I was given many unique and outstanding personal opportunities, such as being a personal bodyguard to "unique military officers" (I have to leave it at that), other high ranking officers, foreign military officers, politicians, and foreign dignitaries. To say it was exciting would be a understatement, it more often than not was more like a whirlwind. I think that if you have aspirations toward law enforcement, special operations, and search and rescue you could not make a better decision!

wow,i wrote this thread about a month ago and no response.

thanks so much for the info

Thread Information