Recon Training - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recon Training

Chuck, I am out of this one Bro. .....and I was nice.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Set the drag, and reel him in slow. Another bads$$ just gave up mothers teet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    You can call the discharge what you want! It has to be classified as one of the five above,or a medical.
    Entry level separations, or uncharacterized discharge, are given to individuals who separate prior to completing 180 days of military service, or when discharge action was initiated prior to 180 days of service. This type of discharge does not attempt to characterize service as good or bad; however, punitive and/or administrative discharges may be given to servicemembers within their first 180 days for serious misconduct.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Well, belay my last! This ain't the first time on this or any other forum or military website that I admit I'm wrong. I did do research and you are correct in the definition since 2004.You got me on that one!

The rest of the statement in my post I stand by!

=P I understand you guys might get upset at every recruit coming in here and asking about recon training

Although you are right and I am taking your advice. I will be going through infantry first, it is also what my uncle recommended I do.

Credits
    Savings
    What the hell is equal sign forward slash and equal sign P?

WTF??? over

Quote Originally Posted by Seoke
    I joined when I was 19 and got an uncharacterized discharge for not finishing highschool on time
    I got an uncharacterized one because I was a DEP that never got shipped to AIT due to my recruiter not notifying me of my ship date
    Well which one is it?!?!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OMG...another RECON wannabe!!!

i don't like it that now you can sign up for it BEFORE boot...WTF "old Corps you had to prove yourself "worthy" to even apply for RECON.

I would hope that you joined the Army first, than come to the Marine Corps. If you do want a shot at recon in your contract, you have to work on your swimming and PFT first. Also, do you have the GT score high enough to make it? I know they are giving waivers, but they might not waiver everyone that comes through the door.

You'll be taking it at the end of school of infantry correct? A lot of people aren't in great shape after boot, so you should be getting ready well ahead of time. I was Sick as a dog after boot camp and actually had hairline fractures in my foot that I didn't know about. My family doctor diagnosed it after I came home and had trouble taking my shoes off!!

everyone wants to be recon, sure they think so

Quote Originally Posted by usmchauer
    Well which one is it?!?!
    Exactly

Your sh*t/stories better be frogs azz water tight if you think you can fool people around here, and it doesn't seem like this frog is water tight. Time for some frog baseball

I'm prior service Army Reserves

You said you were a dep "that never got shipped for AIT" so AIT is the army combination of MOS school and MCT but not boot camp right? So you're saying you graduated army boot camp but didn't get an MOS right?

I sure as hell wouldn't call myself prior service. People usually say that when they complete an enlistment.

I'm suprised everyone is being so polite to this piece of ****!

Comes here asking questions that have been answered a million times, gets a ****ing attitude with Marines that have btdt, and expects someone to praise him because he wants to serve his country. **** that!

Seoke, you served in the army RESERVES and couldn't even hack it, why the hell do you expect to be treated any differently that any other poolee? Hell, you aren't even a poolee yet, you're just TRYING to become one. AFAIC you shouldn't even be allowed to enlist in the Marine Corps if you couldn't even hack it in a less discipline service's RESERVE componet.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BR03Hopeful
    I'm suprised everyone is being so polite to this piece of ****!

Comes here asking questions that have been answered a million times, gets a ****ing attitude with Marines that have btdt, and expects someone to praise him because he wants to serve his country. **** that!

Seoke, you served in the army RESERVES and couldn't even hack it, why the hell do you expect to be treated any differently that any other poolee? Hell, you aren't even a poolee yet, you're just TRYING to become one. AFAIC you shouldn't even be allowed to enlist in the Marine Corps if you couldn't even hack it in a less discipline service's RESERVE componet.
    Because he might get it in his head that we're just being jerks over the internet, and become determined to join! I'd be professional about it, so he gets the hint that he's not wanted.

=P I understand you guys might get upset at every recruit coming in here and asking about recon training

Although you are right and I am taking your advice. I will be going through infantry first, it is also what my uncle recommended I do.

You are a POOLEE! Not a dang recruit. Holy sh** reading your posts make me want to flip out. I have more respect for a recruit than I do you right now. You might as well be saying "marine" "semper fi devil dogs" and some other BS.

Congratulations. You went through 8 weeks of basic training. Never had an MOS. And were going to be a reservist. How in the hell do you think you'll be able to cut it as recon? I'm going to PT while I still have a good pump going from this POOLEE p**sing me off.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The hook got set, and the macarel has been landed. Good of you Bros to notice the stench. Remember what advice I gave out to a Recon wannabe awhile back? When you can sneak up to a Coyote's behind and take a sniff without being caught, you will have learned, Grasshopper.

Thread Information