DEP question.
Create Post

Thread: DEP question.

Thumbs up DEP question.

With my weight being an issue (75" and 246 lbs.), I would be in the DEP first. Could someone explain what exactly happens in DEP. I mean, what would the recruiter and I do: set goals, weight training, PT? I'm just curious.
    Another question, is there anyone who is familier with the Search and Rescue Aviation feild? I have a couple questions about this feild.
    My father served in the Marines and he flew a Search and Rescue huey ( Camp Leguene MCAS and El Torro MCAS), are there any enlisted career feilds within the Search and Rescue Aviation feild?

Thank You,

What happens in the DEP depends in large part on your recruiter. You'd have to talk to him to see what exactly you'd be doing.

More than likely it would involve PT and learning the basics for boot camp.

The Marine Corps doesn't have any dedicated SAR jobs. But, there used to be people that did it as an additional job. (This was a friends older brother and before my time- so who knows now.) Once again, calling a recruiter is your best bet.

Warrant Officer and NCO?

Is there a difference between and W.O. and a N.C.O.? Also, want you can enlist as a W.O., what are the requirements?

Thank You,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Enlist as a Warrent Officer?????

I heard you could from a friend, curious, that's all.

Warrant Officers come from the enlisted ranks in the Marine Corps. Other branches work differently. (I believe you can be a WO pilot in the Army without any prior experience.)

The difference between a W.O. an NCO is that W.O.s out rank them. They fall between the enlisted and commissioned officers. They are saluted and treated like any other officer, not an enlisted person.

Thank you E4B and sparkie!

In order to be involved with search and rescue (SAR) you need to be a huey crew chief. Then you have to be stationed at yuma sar, or another sar unit if we have any others still. You could enlist as AG, enlisted air crew. Then hope you get hueys, then hope you make it, and choose sar if you make it and earn your wings. As far as Warrent Officer and Non Commissioned Officer, WO requires former enlistment for a certain period of time and be a basic expert at your job. NCO is Cpl and Sgt, Staff NCO is SSGT through SGTMAJ of the Marine Corps.

Thread Information