Confidence Course question.
Create Post

Confidence Course question.

I am doing some research and stumbled upon a very helpful website, http://usmilitary.about.com. I was wondering if you could awnser some questions about the Confedence Course, they are:
    [1] What is the "Reverse Climb?
    [2] The Slide for Life?
    [3] The Hand Walk?
    [4] The Arm Strecher?

There the basic questions. I know that everyones experience is different, but preperation is very important.

Thank You,

Have to ask someone fresh out of boot for that one or someone at a Recruit Depot. Its been a long time since i've done them and can't remember but The Slide for Life and its really hard to explain it. They aren't anything to worry about though if thats what your concern is.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas from PA
    I am doing some research and stumbled upon a very helpful website, http://usmilitary.about.com. I was wondering if you could awnser some questions about the Confedence Course, they are:
    [1] What is the "Reverse Climb?
    [2] The Slide for Life?
    [3] The Hand Walk?
    [4] The Arm Strecher?

There the basic questions. I know that everyones experience is different, but preperation is very important.

Thank You,
    The only ones out of those that I recall the names for are the slide for life and the arm stretcher. The slide for life is just when you slide down a rope thats above water, and you can fall off and land in the water and get made fun of. The arm stretcher is just like a really long set of monkey bars.

Thank you.

I think the hand walker is the set of dip bars that have an incline etc and you have to walk yourself up using your hands. Just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    The only ones out of those that I recall the names for are the slide for life and the arm stretcher. The slide for life is just when you slide down a rope thats above water, and you can fall off and land in the water and get made fun of. The arm stretcher is just like a really long set of monkey bars.
    On our slide for life we had to go half way down and then make our head face the opposite way. Not quite sure if thats a clear explination or not, but thats the best I can do.

they were all fun, don't worry about them. just listen to your DI's.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The arm stretcher is just like a really long set of monkey bars.
    Lot of monkey action around these days.

I hate the confidence course. In SD you climb a cargo net separate from the slide for life. (there is a ladder leading to the slide for life that is like the stairway to heaven rather than the cargo net that the people at PI have.) I decided it would be a good idea to fall off the top of the net. I was only unconscious for a couple of minutes from what I've been told- but I don't remember anything between starting to fall and "coming to" on the back board about to be put in the ambulance.

On the plus side, Naval Hospital Balboa is a nice place.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Lot of monkey action around these days.
    Slap that monkey....Banana King!

Don't let your monkey or banana get brush burn on the Slide For Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    I hate the confidence course. In SD you climb a cargo net separate from the slide for life. (there is a ladder leading to the slide for life that is like the stairway to heaven rather than the cargo net that the people at PI have.) I decided it would be a good idea to fall off the top of the net. I was only unconscious for a couple of minutes from what I've been told- but I don't remember anything between starting to fall and "coming to" on the back board about to be put in the ambulance.

On the plus side, Naval Hospital Balboa is a nice place.
    I was about to say that we had a rope ladder for the slide for life, but then I remembered climbing that thing you call a ladder...(that ain't no damn ladder in my book) while being screamed at by my SDI.

The A frame is the crazies obstacle on the CC. I was actually a little worried about dying on PI during that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BR03Hopeful
    I was about to say that we had a rope ladder for the slide for life, but then I remembered climbing that thing you call a ladder...(that ain't no damn ladder in my book) while being screamed at by my SDI.

The A frame is the crazies obstacle on the CC. I was actually a little worried about dying on PI during that thing!
    I can remember startting down a rope that was on a 45 degree angle from the tower and getting my yellow sweatshirt caught between my hand and the rope and startting to slide out of control; I looked down and there was the Platoon Commander, Gunny Duval who said "You better not fall off that ****ing rope" not very kindly I might add, at that point I found increased grip pressure and managed to save myself a fall and a beating.

Thread Information