Changing my Status
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Changing my Status

got a quick question. how do i go about changing my status from Poolee to Marine? I've finally earned my title, gone through MCT, finished school, and am on my 19 days leave before i hit Okinawa. I've looked all over the site and cant find it anywhere. i've probably just overlooked it somewhere.

I also need to change my name as the needs of the Corps determined it had enough 0321's and made me a 7011 (OOHRAH EAFERS!!).

any help is appreciated

-parker

Hi there Parker-

Welcome back and congrats on earning the title of Marine, first and foremost! That's an awesome achievement and one I hope to be leaving to start my journey for in less than two weeks. But to answer your question - I think since you already posted your question about changing your status on here already, it will only be a matter of time before one of the mods (jinelson, thedrifter, or Sixguns) sees it and changes your account status for you. If I recall from the multiple times I have seen this, it is then that you can change your rank from E-1 to E-2 or wherever you may be at right now. As for the username - I think that is something that may be set in stone, sadly. I think if you wanted to change it, you would have to re-register, sorry to say. I know that is why I chose my username the way it is right now, as opposed to something like "PooleeHolly85", because I hoping in a few months eventually that status will change, and I would rather have a screen name that was solid and firmly cemented, you know what I mean? Well I guess you could add a signature that says, "Hey, my MOS is really 7011!" LOL.

I hope I could help out at least a wee bit for you.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations Parker! Did you pick up any rank yet? We'll get your status changed soon.

Semper Fi Marine

pfc

i also need my avatar to change to a pfc

Have fun in Oki. Keep in mind, you and other Young Marines, you are headed for the best times of your life. You have probably read all of us talking about duty station and liberty ports. Notice the great ones are overseas, and Oki is mentioned a lot. My advice is to go there and when you can, see the culture of where you are. Take disposable cameras to the field and on liberty. Give them to a buddy and have him take pictures with you in them. You may have days where you wonder what you are doing in the suck. Then you'll eventually get out, and be like us and you will long for those days again. You'll forget the little stupid things and cherish all the memories of the good times you've had. Buy deployment books, and shirts and stuff with your unit on it. It may seem like silly stuff you want nothing to do with while you're in, but that stuff is really tough to find once you're out and away from Base. Have fun and keep us posted.

Slow goings

Ive got the same problem.
    I graduated MCRD Parris Island Plt. 1028 April 18th of 2008, spent damn near 4 months at Camp Geiger due to back surgery, and have 3 weeks left in my MOS school.
    I've still got to get it changed to PFC.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshy View Post
    Ive got the same problem.
    I graduated MCRD Parris Island Plt. 1028 April 18th of 2008, spent damn near 4 months at Camp Geiger due to back surgery, and have 3 weeks left in my MOS school.
    I've still got to get it changed to PFC.
    There you go Marine!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    There you go Marine!
    Thank you much Corporal!

I was Honor Grad of K Co. MCT Bn. SOI East Graduated October 28th, 2008. I am now PFC and it still states I am a Poolee... Could you please help me change it for me? Greatly appreciated... Thanks Marines...Oorah! Semper Fi

I also need to change my avatar to Lcpl

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hempstead56 View Post
    I also need to change my avatar to Lcpl
    If Members are already Marines they can go to Edit Avatar to change rank.

Mods are needed only if Members upgrade from Marine Friend to Poolee, or from Poolee to Marine.

No idea how to get status change. Figured this would be the best way. Just a Pvt. would love to not be a poolee anymore though. Thanks

Hello Parker-0321. How did you loose your Recon MOS? Did you start with a UZ contract and then the USMC took it away from you? Or did you enter with an open contract? It seems like a rather drastic change from a high speed low drag Reconnaissance MOS to the Expeditionary Airfield MOS.

Goodtimes, LCpl Parker's last activity was 7/18/08, I don't think you'll be getting a response from him soon.

Status Change

Hi There!

I was just sworn into the DEP yesterday here in Chicago and wanted to get my status changed if possible.

Please let me know if there is anything I need to do from end.

Thanks again.

Thread Information