VMFA 334 or VMFA 232 ?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

VMFA 334 or VMFA 232 ?

Anybody out there that served in Vietnam with VMFA 334 0r 232? I haven't been able to find anyone who did so far.

Registered User Free Member lovdog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Neil:

There was an earlier post that someone put out - I think it was called "any Air Wingers out there". You might check that out - some of the guys have listed their squadrons on that thread. Or, "looking for a Leatherneck" has been streaming for a long time - if you have alot of patience that may produce some results.
    I was with VMA 242 & 225 (A6 outfits at Danang - 68 to 70). There are a ton of Air Wingers out there, but finding someone in particular or even that belonged to the same squadron is tough.
    I wish you luck.

Lovdog, SF

I see where you are already working the military-dot-com home pages for your squadrons.

You also might try http://1stmaw.com/index.html

Good luck with your search. If you run across any 115'ers, let me know.

Vmfa 334 Or Vmfa 232

I Am Looking For Anyone That Served With These 2 Squadrons In Viet Nam.

I was with VMFA 334 in 68 & 69

Vmfa 334

I WAS WITH BOTH UNITS IN VIETNAM. PLZ CONTACT ME AT hstech208@yahoo.com.

vmfa 334

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMedeiros View Post
    Anybody out there that served in Vietnam with VMFA 334 0r 232? I haven't been able to find anyone who did so far.
    Contact me at hstech208@yahoo.com.

I was with both units in Viet Nam.

I served in VMFA 232 AND 334 FROM 67-70 EL TORO, CHU LAI, AND IWAKUNI-STRUCTURAL MECHANIC/F4-J PHANTOM

I was in the Ground Support Unit from 67 (El Toro) to DaNang and ChuLai and then transferred to VMFA 232 after VMFA 334 was pulled out of Viet Nam.

I joined 334 we was flying F-8's, island hopped all the way to Nam. Helped paint the red bird on the hanger top in Danang. Was in the metal shop.

Ph.# 479-208-2197 ray13bromley@yahoo.com

vmfa 334

I was in VMFA 334 at El Toro when they got the F4's and through 1 tour in Viet Nam, then left the squadron when they went to Japan. 232 was always near I believe I still have some pictures of their planes. I was in Ground Support under Sgt Lee ....Cpl Sam Klippert

I was with 334 at El Toro, Da Nang and Chu Lai. Cpl in GSE. contact me sam@olypen.com

Vmfa 334

I was in VMFA 334 in California, Da Nang , Chu Lai and then in 1969 was transferred to VMFA 314. I worked in the Com/Nav shop and was on the staff of the VMFA 334 Cruise Book and still have my copy. I am thinking about scaning the pictures and posting them for all to see.

232/115

I deployed from El Toro to Chu Lai with 232 and there brand new F4s and transfered to 115 when 232 moved to Japan. Worked in the Seat Shop.
    Got out in 78 and joined reserves at Alameda and retired in 91. Recently retired from a Hospital in Oakland and live in Vacaville. You can reach me at crbazz@comcast.net

Thread Information