Help
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Help

I am joining the United States Marine Corps this june after my high school graduation and was lookig for some advice to get prepared (mentally, physically, and nutritanly) and I figured this would be the best place to find it. Thank you all some much for the help I appreciate it greatly..

Quote Originally Posted by LouisFromMaine
    I am joining the United States Marine Corps this june after my high school graduation and was lookig for some advice to get prepared (mentally, physically, and nutritanly) and I figured this would be the best place to find it. Thank you all some much for the help I appreciate it greatly..
    Louis, before someone jumps your case, follow the rules and fill out your profile. You'll get all the help you'll need to prepare yourself for Our Beloved Corps!! First things first, however.

Ed

Louis,
    I

Thank you...

SOrry i messed up something before hand.

now where was i. start off by making sure that this is really what you want. This isn't some "club" that you think you will like but if you don't you can leave at anytime. Once you have made that committment to yourself, that will help you start off the mental part.
    Start your expercise program now. The more that you run and do push ups now the better off you will be later.
    The next part will be to attend any and all your Poolee functions with the recuriter. They are good at giving you an idea of what to expect. Talk to any of the newly graduate Marines when they come home on leave.
    Fleet is totaly different that boot. Now that there is a difference.
    Other wise, sit down shut up and hold on. You'll love the ride!

Crusader20,

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate you taking time to answer my question.

you will be fine. Seriously, you will look back on this and think, what was i worried about.

What is your MOS (job) that you are thinking about getting into?

Something in aviation...like a calibration tech or something working on planes.

Something in aviation...like a calibration tech or something working on planes.
    Go for it, Louis!! If you are physically and mentally prepared for boot camp, it will be the most ball busting, fun thing you have ever encountered. As you chat or read with the newly minted Marines in here, you'll realize that everything has a reason - - even if the only reason is to prove to you that you aren't as tough as you may think.

One thing about being a Winger, you're still a Marine (with all that the Title implies) AND you get to fix/work on all kinds of neat, high tech stuff. To this day, I cherish my experiences in the Corps and having been a Winger.

Thank you BuckSgtEd, I appreciate the encouragment..

Now for a question how should I prepare physically for bootcamp and the challenges there and what about diet..? Thanks again

Thank you BuckSgtEd, I appreciate the encouragment..

Now for a question how should I prepare physically for bootcamp and the challenges there and what about diet..? Thanks again
    Research the Poolee threads. There are some OUTSTANDINIG POSTS there. Talk to the folks at your RSS. Based on their observations of your current "state of fitness", they will be able to make recommendations for you as well. Just remember, if you are motivated to make it happen, you will find everyone here and at your RSS motivated to assist you.

You'll just have to PT till we get tired!!

Thanks....

Louis. Like Bucksgted, I to am a former winger. Just remember this, the Marine Corps can pull you out of your MOS and stick a weapon in you hand anytime they want. Your a Marine first. I just wanted to let you no this in case the recruiter hasn't informed you as such. Make sure you really want to become a Marine. It's not a game. You can't change the rules if you don't like them. Make sure it's what YOU want. As far as boot camp. START NOW !!!! Do not go into boot camp unprepared. Start the running and push ups. What ever happens in boot camp will be some of the best memories of your life. It might not seem like it at the time. If you make it tru boot camp and earn the title Marine you will understand what all of us on this board are talking/writing about. I just wanted to give you my two cents worth. Good luck & NEVER QUIT.

Thank you gutinstinct. I appreciate the advice..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bucksgted
    You'll just have to PT till we get tired!!
    LOL!

And remember damned near EVERY excercise you do is in 4 count - situps - start flat on your back..........up (1) down (2) up again (3) down again (1) - next set will be 1,2,3,2...........get it?

Thread Information