Help - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help

Thanks everyone I appreciate all of your advice....

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanMullet
    good luck in bootcamp. when you get to the fleet, you might want to take the Spelling for Marines MCI.
    Explain Please...I guess I missed it..? What was mispelled...?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisFromMaine
    Thanks everyone I appreciate all of your advice....
    Good to see you still around, Louis! I trust you are finding your way around the threads by now.

Get busy on your PT!! I haven't even broken a sweat yet!!

Louis,

If you want a decent insight into what boot camp is like, check out 'Ears, open. Eyes, click'.

There are some clips of it available on the net. Don't let it scare you, though. Boot camp can be one of the best experiences of your life.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksgted
    Good to see you still around, Louis! I trust you are finding your way around the threads by now.

Get busy on your PT!! I haven't even broken a sweat yet!!
    Yes sir, I have been reading alot and learning even more.. Started my running, working on building up my endurancing....

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerLT
    Louis,

If you want a decent insight into what boot camp is like, check out 'Ears, open. Eyes, click'.

There are some clips of it available on the net. Don't let it scare you, though. Boot camp can be one of the best experiences of your life.

Good Luck!

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by truckee0911
    Gents Ive just been a spectator here up to now so bear with me.
    Louis you've got plenty of time to prepare yourself but start now. Get yourself a really good pair of shoes and start running. Dont worry too much about speed but concentrate more on endurance, speed will come. If you have a gym membership use it. A circuit style workout would probably suit you best, higher reps lower weights. You want to be lean rather than big. Pay attention to the lat machine and try to do a set of crunches between excersises. Rest, let your body repair itself. Take a day or two off from working out during the week and let the muscle heal, thats how it develops. You can actualy overtrain and end up either not making progress or even losing a little strength. That happened to me. Eat a high protien low carb diet. Unless its fish try not to eat anything white. The better shape your in going in the less stress your going to have. And for Gods sake dont drink anything the day before you leave for bootcamp. Trust me, it wasnt fun.
    As far as rifle qual goes listen to your PMI. We had some guys who qualified expert who had never held a rifle before. At this time getting in condition is what you need to worry about now but if you want a head start get a decent .22 rifle and start plinking. Thats if your in the country. If your in town a good air rifle will serve as well and with a pellet trap you can shoot indoors. I wore out a pellet rifle and put a couple of thousand rounds into the woodpile with a 22 and I ended up series high shooter. But I listened to my PMI too.

Great advice all the way around. Louis, every Marine on this board was pretty much in your shoes at one time. Don't waste too much time putting the cart before the horse and jammin' your head full of 'what if's. As far as shooting goes, if you listen to your instructor you will probably be as good as you want to be. I grew up with a gun in my hand and thought I knew about all there was to know about shooting. I had to UNlearn a few things I had always done and apply what the instructor taught. My shooting earned me PFC out of boot. If memory serves me, the next highest shooter was a guy from Boston who had never fired a gun of any kind. He LISTENED. He too was ****in' his pants worring about the rifle range. Training will be provided. You just bring a 'can do' attitude and determination. You'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by grampsdw251
    Great advice all the way around. Louis, every Marine on this board was pretty much in your shoes at one time. Don't waste too much time putting the cart before the horse and jammin' your head full of 'what if's. As far as shooting goes, if you listen to your instructor you will probably be as good as you want to be. I grew up with a gun in my hand and thought I knew about all there was to know about shooting. I had to UNlearn a few things I had always done and apply what the instructor taught. My shooting earned me PFC out of boot. If memory serves me, the next highest shooter was a guy from Boston who had never fired a gun of any kind. He LISTENED. He too was ****in' his pants worring about the rifle range. Training will be provided. You just bring a 'can do' attitude and determination. You'll be fine.

I appreciate the motovation and encouragment that you Marines are giving me....It is truly helping me with my mindset and attitude..

Thread Information