Scoop on Tooks!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scoop on Tooks!

Scoop on Tooks!

http://parrisisland.yuku.com/reply/3...ml#reply-35185

Just did a random search and found this link on a Marine Mom site I guess. I noticed Tooks name and her mom posted information about Tooks.

Looks like she graduated after all.

(11/25/07 11:21 PM)
    Congrats platoon 4036! My daughter is one that had hip surgery but was not dropped because made it to day number 63. There has been lots of confusion about this all. I just wanted y'all to know although her name was not in the graduation ceremony or the Friday publication of the Boot, she did receive her EGA and was not set back and was the girl on crutches in cammies (they were unable to get her alphas to the hospital in time). She is recovering well and sad about not being listed with her fellow Marines. But it's been great to be on this journey with platoon 4036.

-Teresa
    Google is ****ing amazing.

Last edited by yellowwing; 11-28-07 at 02:27 AM.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Outstanding job RJ!

Here's another freakin amazing passage from her Mom's report at that site:
    (11/15/07 12:33 PM)
    There are actually 2 Marines that were injured. One is Pvt. Stalker, my daughter, and is at this moment in surgery to repair a fractured hip.

She made it to the 9 mile hike back until she could no longer stand the pain. At which point she was pulled and had to ride her way back. She said her heart was broken to have come so far and not finish.

She said she was a mediocre recruit at best but said she had been trying to hide her discomfort for several weeks because she wanted to earn the title of US Marine.

Though Lieutenant Grissett said because she completed over 80% of the crucible she qualified to receive her EGA!

So it has been a bitter sweet accomplishment. Congratulations to all and my heart goes out to the recruit that has been sent back and to her parents. We ask for your prayers. -Teresa
    Completing 80% of The Crucible on a broken hip? Pvt Stalker is by no means mediocre!

Dang she makes me Proud of Our Beloved Corps!

That's my Girl

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Man thats motivating as hell!

Jim

MOTO! 9 miles on a broken hip,damn now THATS hardcore.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This new Marine has heart and Im certain that her entire chain of command agrees and thats why the rules may have been bent a bit if in fact they were at all.

Jim

No rules were bent. If a recruit is severely injured, he/she can still be passed on the crucible if he/she has completed a majority of the events AND has a favorable recommendation from their chain-of-command. The Crucible is an evaluation event after all and if the leaders agree that the recruit has what it takes to be a Marine, it has fulfilled the intent of the exercise.

By the way, the 9 mile hike back is considered seperate from the Crucible and so falling out on it does not constitute "failure" for a Crucible event. She was covered all the way around.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OORAH Sir, thanks for the clarification.

Jim

Glad to hear it. 9 mile hump on a broken hip. Thats GITTING R DONE right there.

This is amazing! I can't wait to talk to her! Sorry for the false report I had. That one night hike we had during the Crucible, we did hear that somebody broke their hip, didn't know who it was, and there was some other girl who got injured that night. It was a mess, but we got a nice break from the hike for about 10 minutes at least.

After the graduation ceremony, we walked out the building and saw her in cammies and crutches waiting to see her friends. I guess they thought she didn't make it, at the time they were not sure whether she should receive the Eagle, Globe and Anchor or recycle her to the next series to repeat the Crucible again. I'm glad she made it.

That girl's got fortitude, guts and wherewith all to give whatever it takes to accomplish any mission tasked her! OOH RAH!!

"...and guts is enough!"-GySgt Hartman-Full Metal Jacket

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Every once in a while a Marine comes along that proves what Semper Fi really means. This young Marine went thru hell just to get shipped out, they delayed her several times! But she stuck it out, then she had a hard time during training, but she stuck it out, then the poor gal had a real hard time after the crucible on the 9 mile hump home, but she tried to stick it out, the SDI ordered her to medical. This HARD CHARGING Recruit had put forth more than most recruits, just to finish as, what she called, a mediocre recruit!

Trying to finish the HUMP with a broken hip......that's pure motivation! My hats of to ya TOOKS, Pvt Stalker, You are more of a Marine than most that I know! I SALUTE you!

Semper Fi, always sister,

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Only one thing to say: WOW!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DAYAM! Talk about motivation.....................

She REALLY wanted that EGA, didn't she? That's what I call reaching down deep in your gut!

Congratulations Stephanie! You have DEFINITELY earned the Title of Marine - so glad you're a little Sister now!

After reading through everything about Tooks, I'm just lost for words on what to say.

You just don't say Honor, Courage, Committment.

You live by them.

Thread Information