Shame in Britain: Disabled veterans jeered at swimming pool
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Shame in Britain: Disabled veterans jeered at swimming pool

Shame in Britain: Disabled veterans jeered at swimming pool
    By Michelle Malkin • November 25, 2007 08:27 AM

The London Telegraph has a Sunday morning blood-boiler. Britain has a potent strain of moonbat virus going around. What would Churchill do?

Injured soldiers who lost their limbs fighting for their country have been driven from a swimming pool training session by jeering members of the public.

The men, injured during tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, were taking part in a rehabilitation session at a leisure centre, when two women demanded they be removed from the pool. They claimed that the soldiers “hadn’t paid” and might scare the children.

The incident has sparked widespread condemnation. Adml Lord Boyce, a former head of the Armed Forces, said last night the women should be “named and shamed”.

“These people are beneath contempt and everything should be done to get their names and publish them in the press,” he said. “It is contemptible that people who have given up their limbs for their country should be so abused when they are trying to get fit again.”

It comes after calls for the public to do more to welcome home troops back from tours of duty and to recognise the bravery of those fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The vets had come to the public pool in Surrey because their military hospital’s therapeutic hydro-pool was not big enough to swim in:

The servicemen were about to begin their weekly swimming therapy in closed-off lanes when they were verbally abused by the swimmers.

One woman in her 30s was said to be infuriated by the lane closures saying the soldiers did not deserve to be there when she had paid.

It was also reported that others complained that limbless servicemen were scaring children at the centre.

The atmosphere was said to be so tense that the soldiers’ instructors removed them.

Charles Murrin, 79, a Navy veteran who saw the incident, said: “The woman said the men do not deserve to be in there and that she pays to come in the pool and they don’t. I spoke to the instructor in the changing room afterwards and he was livid.”

The troop-bashing there has a history. According to the Telegraph, residents in the hospital’s neighborhood initially refused to convert a home into a six-suite hostel for injured soldiers’ families to stay in. The local council later approved the project.

Question their patriotism?

Absobloodylutely.

Ellie

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is actually a new episode in a ongoing saga.The soldiers were from Headingly Court,which is the only remaining dedicated Military hospital left in the UK,The other 5 being sold off by the Government in recent years.
    Last year,SAAFA,The Ex Forces charity wanted to buy a house to accomodate seriously injured servicemen & women at Headingly Court,When the local residents heard of this they tried to block the sale,stating reasons from terrororism to partying in their objections.After a campaign by members of ARRSE.CO.UK,they lost! (Op Nimby>Not In My Back Yard)

After living in Britain from 2001-2006, nothing surprises me. It is shocking how PC they try to be, especially when things like this happen. The Vets, as well as pensioners, get mobbed by young kids, just trying to get in neighborhood stores. It is a disgrace what happened to those men.

They aren't brought up with the patriotism Americans have, they take for granted the country they live in. Yes, I realize this is a huge generalization, but what I saw in living there. They couldn't understand why the boys and I would die for our country, be taunted, yet proud, that we were Americans. Our accents so stood out every place we went, and people would diss the President and the Country...we had many words with people over the years in defense of our Country.

What a shame for a country with such a magnificent military history. I fear for Britain and the United States. God bless the troops

Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter
    Adml Lord Boyce, a former head of the Armed Forces, said last night the women should be “named and shamed” These people are beneath contempt and everything should be done to get their names and publish them in the press,” he said.
    Lord Boyce!!!
    “It is contemptible that people who have given up their limbs for their country should be so abused when they are trying to get fit again.”
    Purchase the pool mate and after the public shaming ceremony exclude those contemptible beeves and their water rights.

--->Dave

This communist woman screams that "they hadn't paid"????? Fvck her and her communist azz... they paid with BLOOD! the filthy scumb bag should have her limbs chopped off then kick her azz in the pool... swim now betch!

Amen Duffer.

As a dad with two little girls, I would answer any questions they may have about the cost of the conflict in terms of amputations....and introduce them to some HEROES.

That should be illegal for people to even do such unpatriotic things like that. I would probably be in juvie right now if i would of been at the pool when the women started yelling.

Quote Originally Posted by austin42793
    That should be illegal for people to even do such unpatriotic things like that. I would probably be in juvie right now if i would of been at the pool when the women started yelling.
    austin,
    You have to think BIGGER! We are green amphibious machines and these ladies are exactly the reason that "accidental" pool deaths occur

Any of our brothers from across the pond have a mailing address for this rehab hospital. I found 36 Grey Lane, but need the rest. Would love to send a thanks from my family to these folks! (the soldiers, not the *****es)

Move to North Korea

Those harlots need to go some where, where that attitude will be appreciated. Maybe a nice EU county or North Korea.

What goes around comes around.........
    Yes Greg, fear for Britain 'cos it'll only be a few years before it rears it's ugly head over here, although I really do hope not!!
    They shout their mouth's off under the umbrella of 'politically correct' and before you know it you're handing your country over to foreigners.
    Rant over.
    Be good, take care.
    Ricky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Kiplings' Tommy Atkins is still getting the short end of the stick, I see!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence View Post
    austin,
    You have to think BIGGER! We are green amphibious machines and these ladies are exactly the reason that "accidental" pool deaths occur

Any of our brothers from across the pond have a mailing address for this rehab hospital. I found 36 Grey Lane, but need the rest. Would love to send a thanks from my family to these folks! (the soldiers, not the *****es)
    36 Greys Lane is the address of the house I mentioned that the residents objected to.
    Try doing a search for "Help4Heros'.

Well Said Ricky

To my brothers accross "the pond", Semper Fi.

I do know what it feels like to have such contempt thrown in my face. I see it when I wear my Marine Corps, Scarlet and Gold jacket in the winter.
    Those women complained about the injured soldiers not "paying", apparently did not notice the missing limbs.....(sarcasm)

We do a job... our job is to protect those people, and the way of life they take for granted.

Those individuals, there.. and here in the US, SHOULD be named.. so the rest of the people in our country(s) can know who they are, and who is "spitting" on the men and women who protect the rights and privileges of us all.

To those that do not understand the sacrifices like we do, look at your children....... Would they even have the rights they have today, if it wasn't for OUR sacrifices?

Thread Information