At a crossroad.. could use some advice
Create Post

At a crossroad.. could use some advice

Hi everyone.
    I am currently stuck at what I want to do with my life. Ever since i can remember I have always wanted to be a cop and/or a Marine.
    I'm currently in college as a junior. I know next summer I will start applying to police departments to start off my career.
    Although every time I think about joining a police department, I always tell my self I want to be a Marine also.
    The hard part about it all is I feel that if i don't at least try to become a Marine, I feel its something I could ultimately regret for the rest of my life.
    I know I want to be a Marine and a cop but I'm not sure the best way to approach those goals.
    One Intial thought I had was right after college to enlist in the marine corps as a reservist and after boot apply to police departments.
    I guess what I'm really after is some advice/venting.( I hope that made sense I know i kind of went everywhere with that post)

Mike

The Marine Corps lives forever

My advice to you is only YOU know what you want to do with your life. You obviously show some desire to become a United States Marine. It's now up to you to decide if you think your strong enough physically and mentally.

Then you could always just become an MP, kind of killing two birds with one stone.

It's your life and no matter what anybody says your going to make the ultimate desicison.

Good luck

Get hired on at a department and then enlist. While they cannot discriminate against you for being in the reserve- that doesn't mean they won't. If you already have the job you're safe.

All I can say is...when you shippin out?!

This is not an 'either-or' decision. A lot of people join the Marine Corps, and later on, become police officers. Also, one can become a police officer, while also being a Marine, by becoming an MP.

I had several friends in boot camp who said they were joining the Corps to establish a good background so they can become police officers later. Being a Marine and then becoming a police officer is probably a very good idea.

Join the Marines first, cops should be older.

Thread Information