What do females bring to RT?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do females bring to RT?

Sorry if this question seems redundant. I've searched this question and asked my recruiter, but everyone says different things. I've talked to a couple of WM and they say different things. So there is a lot of contradiction.

1. Avon skin so soft bug repellent.
    2. Running shoes
    3. White panties
    4. Sports bras
    5. Civi bra
    6. white socks
    7. deodorant
    8. toothpaste
    9. toothbrush
    10. shampoo/conditioner
    11. tampons
    12. address book

is there anything wrong with my list? I know my recruiter said I could not bring stamps/writing letter material, but a lot of people I've talked to said there wasn't a problem. And some people say don't bring an address book, just write it on a sheet of paper, but then other say I should buy a small address book.

Who knows. Anyone willing to clear this up with me?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well........... it's been 23 years since I did it and from what I understand from the ones going through now - even you underwear is issued to you these days. As far as the tampons, if you're like the majority of us, your body will turn that $h!t off.

they wont touch your address book, but i took a book of stamps and it got thrown away... shampoo..toothbrush..bugspray.. you name it. they issue everything you need when you get there. (your platoon carries an ammo can with bugspray and toilet paper/tampons in it when you go places) you dont need a normal bra until graduation, even then you dont need it. as far as the whole period thing, they provide that stuff for you as well. they have a gear locker in the head where shampoo, hair gel, soap, bobby pins are. ITS A COMMUNITY GEAR LOCKER. you all have to share and when you make your rare, 5 minute visits to the tiny px, you have to get stuff for the platoon, not yourself. just show up with stuff that can get thrown away, like the travel size toothbrush/paste in case you get stuck in an airport along the way. but everything they dont throw away, your clothes, shoes gets put in a paper bag, labeled and kept in a warehouse until you graduate.

Is there anyway to make a thread on this? Or is there one already? I get more pm's from female poolees wanting to know if they can take their hotpink nike shox and their ipod??

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan
    Is there anyway to make a thread on this? Or is there one already? I get more pm's from female poolees wanting to know if they can take their hotpink nike shox and their ipod??
    I don't think so, but I think it would help us female poolees out. And as far as shoes go, what kind of running shoes do you suggest to buy?

DONT BUY RUNNING SHOES. THEY GIVE YOU THEM AT BOOTCAMP. They are New Balance.. depending on what kind of foot you have (flat, arched) is what kind of NEW BALANCE SHOE you get.

Tegan, you know someone will ask you again- probably in this thread.

hehe... your right..

Quote Originally Posted by Tegan
    DONT BUY RUNNING SHOES. THEY GIVE YOU THEM AT BOOTCAMP. They are New Balance.. depending on what kind of foot you have (flat, arched) is what kind of NEW BALANCE SHOE you get.
    thank you for the help!

I wondered what those ammo cans were for that the females always had. BUG SPRAY?!?! Your D.I.s issued you bug spray?!?!

1. Avon skin so soft bug repellent. You have to buy this at the PX so I would not recommend bringing this
    2. Running shoes Tegan already answered this one
    3. White panties bring abut 3 pairs with you, but yes you are issued it.
    4. Sports bras again maby bring a few, but they are issued to you
    5. Civi bra only 1
    6. white socks again bring a few of your own pairs, but you are issued these too
    7. deodorant issued
    8. toothpaste issued
    9. toothbrush issued
    10. shampoo/conditioner maby bring it, but they make you buy it
    11. tampons you most likely won't need these
    12. address book you can bring one if you want they wont mess with it

I just graduated in October so this is the most up dated info I can give you. hopefully it will help, but if you have any more questions feel free and ask.

Hopeful.. they didnt issue us bug spray.. but it was in our ammo cans.. the only time i remember using it is when we were getting ready for final drill.. you know to keep the bugs off us so the anxious, non-disciplined ones wouldnt move and screw up..

We used the bug spray before almost every pt session, though it didn't help much against the fire ants.

They shouldn't be undisciplined by the time you get to final drill!

I'm just glad I'm a Hollywood Marine. I'll take mountains over bugs any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by RNelson
    1. Avon skin so soft bug repellent. You have to buy this at the PX so I would not recommend bringing this
    2. Running shoes Tegan already answered this one
    3. White panties bring abut 3 pairs with you, but yes you are issued it.
    4. Sports bras again maby bring a few, but they are issued to you
    5. Civi bra only 1
    6. white socks again bring a few of your own pairs, but you are issued these too
    7. deodorant issued
    8. toothpaste issued
    9. toothbrush issued
    10. shampoo/conditioner maby bring it, but they make you buy it
    11. tampons you most likely won't need these
    12. address book you can bring one if you want they wont mess with it

I just graduated in October so this is the most up dated info I can give you. hopefully it will help, but if you have any more questions feel free and ask.
    Thank you for the help, that answered all my questions! Congrats on graduating

Bug spray...must be nice. Not that I really had to worry about it out in Pendleton anyways...all the bugs were frozen to death while I was there.

Thread Information