It ain't getting any easier!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It ain't getting any easier!

Well, boot camp is doesn't seem to be getting easier. Watch your step poolees. http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...vqh=itn_marine

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Glass, 25, was accused of ordering one recruit to jump headfirst into a trash can and then pushing him farther into the container. He was also accused of striking recruits with a tent pole and a heavy flashlight. None of the recruits was seriously injured.
    During the court-martial, witnesses testified Glass routinely stomped on recruits' toiletry kits, breaking razors and soap containers inside, for minor infractions like not displaying name tags properly.
    (This version corrects maximum sentence to 10 years, not 11.)
    Oh for **** sake.

It is sad when Political Correctness has taken over even our Military Training.

Read the thread of the Drill INstructor convicted of abusing a recruit.....made me sick! What a bunch of BS!!!

Do you have a link Sgt?

Well I am not going to lie, this was actually a major factor into the pussifying of our training. The quarterdeck/pit was turned off for almost 2 weeks because of this incident and then most things became laxed. It was disgusting. But as they say it only takes one, even though I don't agree with it at all that he is getting charged for "fraternity-like pranks" I actually asked about this to my Senior Drill Instructor after hearing the news.

Is this it?!?! Is this all?! Yeah, he may have been abusive but how many good Marines has he turned out at the MCRD. In my opinion, I think the recruit just went crying to mama and she called the Senator and then heads started rolling. I was hit and beat in boot camp...yeah I was...as was alot of other recruits! I needed it and I thanked my DI's for it after I graduated! Just liike a bunch of other kids needed it...and I'm still here and I was a BETTER Marine and person for it!!! This is also how the "stress cards" were introduced and how this deteriorated our Marine ranks with selfish Marines and NCOs. I seen changes in the USMC before I got out, some good, some bad. Different generations of Marines can tell you the same that it wasn't like that when they were in...it was tougher...and what made us tough you ask? Our beloved Drill Instructors who taught us by the numbers and if we didn't learn, we paid for it with pain and sweat!! IT MADE US STRONGER!!!

Now, I'm not saying I'm for abusing anyone, especially a recruit but I'm not against Corporal or Capital punishment either. Its about firm, fair consistency and I believe when the politicians get involved with our beloved Corps...unfavorable policies start coming into play. Which means a domino effect that makes for lax rules and less strict enforcment and less cohesion of our comraderie and less intention to be a good and honest Marine. There needs to be strictness and fairness...where's the damn justice?!?!?! before i got out i didn't like what kind of Marines were coming in...it was a new generation and in my opinion their percentage of ****birds was definitely higher!!! If the recruit couldn't hack boot camp...they should've sent his ass back to mama and called the army recruiter!!!

My dad showed me this on the news. He was old school Army guy, spent years with the best and till this day, always thanks his Drill Sergeant who gave him that extra motivation. He thinks the D.I. went overboard on somethings, and did just enough on others. He even said he wished that D.I. would be mine, so he could really make me a man. (Bring it on!)

I have Poolees in my pool who would welcome the old time training. All of us feel that are generation is a bunch of ****ing pussies. I'm sorry, I wasn't raised in the streets or nothing like that, but to survive, showing that your not scared (Not Tough), was good enough not to get jumped. I still remember those days when i first entered high school, got jumped by being from the other side of town. Learned my lesson then that it was time to **** everyone else, and get hard or go home.
    People I went to high school with, are still selling dope, smoking weed, and playing spades at 0400 in the morning and are still as quick to fight someone just because they wear a Red shirt.

Somedays I just want to light a fire inside my jeep and I just want to sit there while I burn."

I 'm glad you agree..but...whats with the suicidal tendency?

none of that seemed very serious.climbing into a trash can? stomping on your toiletry kit? here i am expecting my drill instructor to beat me within an inch of my life or something and THIS is what the people are freaking out about? please. if you can't stand up to stuff like this how the HELL are you going to stand up to someone shooting at you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    Somedays I just want to light a fire inside my jeep and I just want to sit there while I burn."

I 'm glad you agree..but...whats with the suicidal tendency?
    That's a quote is from one of my recruiters. He huh, just don't like recruiting. It's pretty fun the way he makes up stuff like that.

Stupid politicians. They are training people for war. Up to 10 years and dishonorable discharge? That's ridiculous.

Thats one thing people will never understand, they THINK they know what they're talking about it, but until they experience it for themselves, it's all an opinion.

"The only people who know Marines, are the Marines and the Enemy; everyone else has a second hand opinion."

That quote applies to me as well. People think they know what's going on but they have no clue. Hell I don't have a clue what boot camp is going to be like.

I already hearing Mothers of America *****ing about this.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OH GOOD LORD!

All of this PC crap is getting on my last raw nerve!

Thread Information