Rejoice!
Create Post

Thread: Rejoice!

Rejoice!

Rejoice!
    Phil 4:4.Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5.Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6.Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8.Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9.Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

As the years of my life slip by I become more and more reflective. I find myself less anxious about tomorrow and more anxious to get all I can out of this day I have been given today.

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own.

Each day also has joy's of its own and tears of it's own and celebrations of its own.and challenges of its own.

Why waste this valuable commodity, this irreplaceable priceless gem, this jewel that will never again return on worry? Why waste this day at all?

I have a very precocious 2 year old Grand daughter and a new one on the way in February. Having Grandchildren has been the most wonderful experience in life for me. I look at today with wonder and curiosity and excitement like a 2 year old who has only a few days to have judged this world by. Every day is a celebration of newness, a feast of discovery,a quest for answers to every little detail. She misses nothing including Grampy's slip up's.

I love to get down on the floor and try to see what she is seeing like she is seeing it. AMAZING how the cares of life take our eyes off the wonders of life.

You and I have only these few days with which to marvel in God's creation and take in all he has done. You and I have only these few days to make a difference in this world and share this world with all those we come in contact with.

No more slighting comments, no more ignoring the person or event God has placed in front of me. I want to take every advantage of every opportunity I am given to help every one I meet see the world through the eyes of a small child.

There are enough troubles in this world without you and I loosing this valuable day worrying about them. Instead I suggest using that time to share LOVE, HOPE JOY,and PEACE, with all you see.

My Grand daughter LOVES to Dance. Although her dances are unsophisticated, they are truly celebrations of life. She runs around me in circles with her hands in the air waiving them wildly with the biggest smile you can imagine on her face laughing like crazy.

I have begun to take Dance lesions from this 2 year old. At first I only would do this dance of joy with my Granddaughter. Now I discovered it brings joy even when I'm by myself. I found so much joy in dancing around in circles with my arms waving wildly in the air with a big smile on my face laughing out loud like crazy. tears of joy flood my eyes as I celebrate like a little child.

Above all my friends as these days dwindle down to a precious few. I hope you'll DANCE! I hope you'll teach someone else to DANCE.

If you are physically disabled and unable to dance like a child with your physical body then DANCE in your spirit! DANCE in your imagination, Dance Dance Dance!

May God's peace and Love indwell your every thought and his joy bring passion to your every deed. May someone stop to marvel at your apparent celebration of life and smile.

God's full measure of blessings be poured out on you each day.

AMEN!

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=ucx77x...eature=related

Doug Kirk
    Chaplain
    MCEA/ HoM

Live Each Day for God

Don't fret about tomorrow
    or live in yesterday.
    Concern yourself with current things
    and do your best today.

Tomorrow lies beyond the stars,
    beyond the sleeping sun,
    And yesterday lies in the past
    and cannot be undone.

Live life in the present tense
    and wisely spend your time,
    For time is such a precious thing
    you dare not waste a dime.

Set your sights on a worthy goal
    and choose the path you'll trod.
    Your tomorrows will be brigthter
    when you live each day for God.

...Clay Harrison

Seek ye first
    the kingdom of God...
    ...Matt. 6:33

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amen .

Joy is the Key...

Very well said.

My son will be two this Spring and being a boy he isn't really into dancing; however, he LOVES to run. Sometimes he runs with a small, fierce determination while he's pushing a toy, but most of the time his running is little more than mad capering from one end of the house to the other as he laughs with the same emotion your granddaughter has...Joy.

We are told that we are running a race and that we should run in such a manner as to win (1 Cor. 9:24). We must be determined and focused in order to succeed and this is true, but sometimes I think we forget to infuse the running of our race with Joy. Life can feel like a burden, an endless to do list, with each day full of seemingly insurmountable obstacles and as we try to navigate our way from sunup to sundown we forget or lose our Joy. We push through with diligence, but our spirit dims.

When this happens to me, I watch my son. He, too, is full of life, energy, vigor, and JOY! When he snatches the piece of laundry I just folded and runs away down the hall with it laughing and giggling with glee, I of course chase after him to retrieve the towel, shirt, or whatever he has snagged, but I find myself laughing, too. No matter how my day has gone, his mirth is infectious and I end up laughing with him 'til my eyes tear and my sides ache.

I agree with you. We should remember to see life through the eyes of a child, to allow ourselves to see the wonder that is life. I'm not saying we should all run around the house with freshly folded laundry in order to do this, but hey...if it works, go for it!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    As always Doug a great post. Thank you making our Sundays a little more as they should be

Fair Winds

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Merrell View Post
    Don't fret about tomorrow
    or live in yesterday.
    Concern yourself with current things
    and do your best today.

Tomorrow lies beyond the stars,
    beyond the sleeping sun,
    And yesterday lies in the past
    and cannot be undone.

Live life in the present tense
    and wisely spend your time,
    For time is such a precious thing
    you dare not waste a dime.

Set your sights on a worthy goal
    and choose the path you'll trod.
    Your tomorrows will be brigthter
    when you live each day for God.

...Clay Harrison

Seek ye first
    the kingdom of God...
    ...Matt. 6:33

Amen Ray!

THANK YOU DOUG AND RAY TWO VERY POWERFUL SERMONS THAT MAKES YOU THINK GODBLESS YOU BOTH AND SEMPER FI MY BROTHERS

STEPHEN DOC HANSEN HM3 fmf

Thread Information