I am loosing my motivation.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am loosing my motivation.

Well, it's been about 2 weeks and the recruiters are working on a waiver for this felony I had. I know it might take some time but my dedication that I put forth so far is slowly fading away. You see I have been going to poole functions and weekly p.t for about a year and a half maybe even a little bit more. I get really worried that I will not be able to enlist in your guys beloved Corps. I had a back up plan to enlist in the army if my waiver doesnt get approved and after the army try again for the Marine Corps. I graduated High school, finished probation 6 months early, got character references, wrote a "Why I want to be a Marine" letter, and have a little bit of college behind me. I read posts on here that say you all dont need people like me in your Corps. Any words of advice?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A felony is a big a$$ thing, BUT, If you loose your motovation, Meebe you never had any. ADAPT.

Well as i read alot of fourms and people tell me that I cant get in with that felony it just gets me down.

Credits
    Savings
    Suck it up. there is always a chance the waiver will come through, it may depend on what the felonie was for if you get the waiver. Ever thought you may be getting strung along to see if you have the motivation? Keep bothering any body who might ba able to help speed it up, make it clear you are not going away.

Hmm never thought of that. What should I do Corporal? as in the terms of bothering them keep calling and going over to the R.S?

Credits
    Savings
    Yep, find out who you need to wright, keep going to the R.S. Just be a pain. you will get an answer.

Credits
    Savings
    A Marine I was stationed with in Oki. rotated to Cherry Point. Hurt his knee and received a medical. A year later he decided he had enough of civilian life and wished to go back to the Corps.
    That man had to jump through a bunch of hoops, wright letters, and wait. He stayed persistent, and was alowed to re-enlist after 9 months of going back to the recruiter. He stayed persistant, bothered every body he could think of. It paid off.

Took me nearly 2 years just to get into the DEP. Had to get a tattoo removed, get waivers for other tattoos, and get waivers for my criminal past. The wait was a small price to pay. Think of it as an investment.

2 weeks has you unmotivated? You've got to be kidding me!

Do whatever it takes to stay involved with the pool and be around motivated people. Their motivation is infectious.

Our uniforms are pristine but most of the time our past isn't. Most of us weren't altar boys and personally, I would love to have a former thug watching my back than the boy scout.

The good news is that you really don't have a felony. By definition a felony sentences you to at least a year in prison followed by parole. If you simply went through probation, it was knocked down to a misdemeanor. If you didn't even report to a probation officer then you were on informal probation, not formal which is more restrictive.

Don't lose hope or motivation. A waiver is still possible.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I would love to have a former thug watching my back than the boy scout.
    Unless it comes to crossing the street, if your a widdle old lady a boy scout maybe your better bet.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hang in there Sandoval! Last year we helped a poolee get his waiver. There are more than a few former thugs in our ranks.

Take a look at this recent Corps Story:
    Former Gang Member Becomes Iraq War Hero. If you don't already know, the Navy Cross is something spectacular not given lightly by Our Beloved Corps.

Thank you guys alot. I can only hope and wait.

ah yes great book! well I liked it anyways. Hopefully the Officer incharge of the waiver is in a good mood. haha no but really guys I have been working hard, I am not saying that I am not the only one but I feel really proud of my self for bringing my self all this way and sticking with it for so long. I just hope they can look at how much I want to EARN the title.

Stay strong and motivated...DON'T GIVE UP!!! You'll get there, just stay motivated...don't let them see you sweat! Have confidence and faith this is just another step to get where you want to be...its just another link in the chain...just another thing you have to accomnplsh! Have a strong frame of mind and you'll do it! The Corps will show you the way and teach you.....!!!

GOOD MOTIVATION!!! SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!

sandoval,

Maybe it's not worth it. You could always join the Army.

If you take that attitude, you won't prevail. Buck up, saddle up and make it happen, don't sit around and wait for it to come to you.

Motivation! I sprinkle you with motivation dust and all that chit...

PLAY HARD OR GO HOME!

Thread Information