Favorite Blade - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Blade

Fistful said it, I have a Randall also. My daily driver is a Browning Tanto point folder.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the input.

I have a "collector set of Browning knives" as a safty award from the coal mine I worked in. Browning dos not make it's own knives just like they don't make there own guns. It is all done on contrac

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    Browning dos not make it's own knives just like they don't make there own guns.
    or field boots, Chinese junk

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Browning Commerative Knifes-made In Usa!!!!!!!

I HAVE A COMMERATIVE BROWNING "LIBERTY KNIFE" ONLY 1776 OF THIS PARTICULAR KNIFE WAS MADE.IT HAS A 9"HAND FORGED BLADE, FULL TANG;HANDLE MADE FROM THE LAST LIBERTY TREE.IT WAS BLOWN DOWN IN A STORM 1999.OVERALL LENGHT IS 14/AND A HALF INCHE'S.THE BROWNING COMMERATIVE SERIES ARE MADE IN TENN.USA!!!THEY HAVE ONE COMING OUT CALLED THE VIETNAM COMMERATIVE,1975 OF THESE ARE BEING MADE;REPRESENTING THE END OF THE VIETNAM WAR!!!BOTH OF THESE COME IN A SHADOW BOX OF WALNUT WEIGHING 15LB'S...OUTSTANDING CRAFTSMANSHIP.THE WOOD ON THE 'NAM KNIFE CAME FROM THE TREE'S ON THE HO CHI MEIN TRAIL.SUGGESTED RETAIL $895.00.THE WHOLE SERIES IS HAND MADE IN THE US. OF A!!!

Credits
    Savings
    unfortunatly many manufactures are using chinese labor to make a good product. These companies, like MTech USA, Smith & Wesson, many Gerbers and a good number of Bucks to name a few, design the knife and pick the material. Doing this keeps there price down, but they don't necesarily pass that to you. what you get is a decent product, made in china.
    I don't like that any more than most, but its a fact of life. if you shop at wal-mart, target, or any other chain store youre buying chinese or some such manufactured good.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've got a good knife made in the USA. I picked up a 14" [ tip to tang] blade from a blacksmith at the Fort Bridger rondevous, and made the rest myself. Elkhorn handle with an oak 'knob' at the end. working on the sheath now. [ Still not as nice as my kabar].

i have an Emerson/Benchmade(before Emerson left on his own)CQB

Thread Information