Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My thoughts exactly..................

Enjoy Veterans Day, Brother !

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool I Heard An Eagle Cry...

ON DECEMBER 4 1968,I GOT MY AZZ AIR CONDITIONED BY AN AK-47;"I HEARD AN EAGLE CRY" NEVER UNDERSTOOD UNTILL I HEARD THE CRY OF MY FIRST BORN DAUGHTER.THAT WAS OCT.1994.GOD IS GOOD,I LOVE THE MARINE CORPS. SEMPER~FIDELIS

Some things can't be explained
    Some things don't need to be

You my friend have experienced both.........................!

Was sittin here thinkin about the wall. I will explain my fear.
    I had a few names that I could look up and was OK with that. I knew they were gone, I expected their names to be there. When I got to the wall I went to the booth and asked for a name and the years of 67-68. They gave me the panel #s but I didn't go look. Here is why:
    I had friends there, when I flew out I never heard from them again. I don't know what happened. For me to walk to that panel and see one of their names, it would be more than I could stand ! I prefer to believe that they "all" made it. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW !!!!

Too Many Tigers (My son told me they are not allowed to drink in country, on R&R they were limited to 3 beers a day. How do they expect these guys to win the war ?)

Writin home..

They all are good friends and brothers to the end.

This weekend the wife and I salute all Veterans of all branches, past and present.

Taken a long, long , long time ago. The wife had spent her whole career serving the vets at the VA Hospital. It was not a job, more of a calling. She had special compassion for Viet Nam Vets. She still will sit on the couch and recall stories. A more compassionate and commited friend, the vets never had ! She is pregnate with our first child in picture, never rode with me after that (said one of us needed to be alive for the kids). I am a lucky man !!

Not so long ago.....

French Fort near Marble Mountain

Shared compound with tanks,

Coming thru the wire,

This jarhead had a scalp attached to his helmet, I didn't ask any questions:

Bombs in the distance,

B Co., 3rd Amtrac Bn., 1st Marine Division

Load Up !!

Those sure look familiar. I was with 3/1 in 67-68. Spent some time in the village, or rather what was left of it, called My Loc. It was right on the Cua Viet River just inland from the Amtracs base.

It had rained on us for two solid days, spent the night in what used to be a old stage stop.

Day of hard riding. Calling it a day, sun going down. Our belly is full and the beer is laid in. Camped along the Kern River, police car in background trying to catch speeding bikers !

Near Marble Mountain

Chu Lai

Am curious, When I got back to the states I had issues. my first year out of the corp (1969) was hard. I needed an adrenalin rush, found it in the motorcycle. That year I was beat about my head with a pool que, tire iron and ballbatt. I was stabed and during one 6 week period, I fought an average of 4 times a week. Thats more than most people do in a lifetime.
    Over time I realized that it was "MY" issue..... Question, any of you that, upon returning found yourself in the same situation? What was your release?
    I couldn't have been the only one........
    Have I went overboard, posting these pictures?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool I Did Some Stupid Chit-i Hated The World!!!!!!!

A BOTTLE OF JOHN DANIELS A DAY,AND A ROUND OF RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH A 44.MAG.MY FIRST BORN WALKED IN ON ME,NEVER EVER TOUCHED THAT GUN AGAIN.

Well, I got out in March of 69, got a job, and on weekends used to dare the County Deputy to catch me and write me a ticket. He tried several times but never succeded. Course I was always pretty drunk on weekends. After about 9 months I up and left Illinois and headed to Tx. The wife and I had it out.(the reason I left)She's now my ex.

By the way Crash, I wear the same patch on my leather coat.

Thread Information