Marine Corps Birthday
Create Post

Marine Corps Birthday

How many of you still celebrate it with former Marines? I was active from 89to 93. I am looking for a place where Marines (active or former) party on November 10th in the San Diego area.

well, only with the few former Marines I know in this area. and we mostly just get together and talk, tell lies and BS. good times. but thats way over here in KC

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow Marine Corps Birthday stuff

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMarine
    How many of you still celebrate it with former Marines? I was active from 89to 93. I am looking for a place where Marines (active or former) party on November 10th in the San Diego area.
    They don't celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday in San Diego due to the lack of interest.

Online, look up the VFW, Marine Corps League, American Legion, Navy League, Fleet Reserve Association, Marine Corps Association, Marine Reserve Association, and AMVETS in the area, and even the Vietnam Veterans of America, Disabled Veterans of America, Paralyzed Veterans of America, and if there's an association for Desert Shield/Storm Vets, they should all be holding something. Most of them will have some sort of celebration, either formal or informal.

Or, you can try calling the E-Club or O-Club on Pendleton or at MCRD to see if they're holding a ball (would be surprised if they didn't hold at least one there somewhere during that week.) See if you can buy a ticket if you don't mind paying.

You can also try calling some of the bars in Oceanside and San Diego with a heavy Marine and Navy customer-base. A lot of them hold an all-nite happy hour for the birthday, especially the Irish-themed bars - and most likely no cover charge.

If your old division or last duty station unit in San Diego/Pendleton is holding a ball, they may let you buy tickets for you and your lady. Just look it up online.

If you know any current AD or Reserve Marines, or know someone who knows one, see if they'll get tickets for you (again, if you're willing to pay.)

Also try Ticketmaster and see what units are hosting a ball between Nov 2 through Nov 10 in the San Diego area. You can search by "Marine Birthday" or whatever, and it will list the balls all over the country, and from there, take your pick. That's how I got a ticket to the Commandant's Ball in DC. (My old unit just canked our own.) Anyone want me to swipe a few challenge coins or champagne glasses while the generals aren't looking? (just kidding)

You can look at usmc.mil and go to the "units" or "location" tab. Start hitting the links to those cities or to specific units - a lot of them advertise their birthday balls on their unit websites. I would call whatever units you find and make sure if they will let you attend - some units are pretty wary of non-current member of the unit. They'll let an old devildog party with his Marines - don't see why they wouldn't. Just should make sure.

Let us know if you find something.

Sgt gw

Any Marines from Southern Massachusetts, south shore, cape cod area

Press release:

PLYMOUTH – A Birthday Ball honoring the 232nd anniversary of the U.S. Marine Corps will be held Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, at the Radisson Hotel Plymouth Harbor, at 180 Water St. This semi-formal commemoration will include cocktails, dinner, dancing, an honor guard, cake-cutting ceremony and other activities. The PX opens at 1800 hours, with chow following at 2000 hours. (For civilians, that’s cocktails at 6 p.m. and dinner at 8.) The local celebration is open to everyone who appreciates the sacrifices made by the military, especially the Marine Corps. Tickets are $50 per person. Proceeds will be donated to help fill boxes for troops overseas and to assist the families of our troops.

Col. Stephen M. Pomeroy will be the keynote speaker. The decorated fighter pilot will talk about his nearly 30 years of service in the Corps, including his time in the Persian Gulf. A native of Milton, Pomeroy flew more than 40 combat missions in an F/A-18 Hornet during the first Iraq War. Currently, he is the commanding officer and professor of naval science at the Naval ROTC Unit at Norwich University. Pomeroy received the Bronze Star, Legion of Merit and Air Medal with combat “V.”

For details or to order tickets, call former USMC sergeants Elliot Chassey at 508-746-3498, Michael Vernazzaro at 774-454-2709, Jack Pomeroy at 508-747-7344 or Keven Joyce at 508-209-0257.

Any Marines, Sailors, civilians, anyone in the South Shore area that's interested in attending this event please contact me. We have the world famous Sgt. Danny Boy Clark, a former Mass State Trooper, and a US Marine who's opening things up and singing for us. We have the local Marine recruiter's marching in colors, performing the cake cutting ceremony, and participating in the whole event. Dick Boterie, a local Marine who carried a radio off a Landing Craft onto Iwo Jima is our oldest Marine. We also have a bag piper, or someone playing the bag pipes? A DJ, a full bar The dress is semi formal/casual, hell come in PT shorts if you want! We have over 100 Marines already paid and coming to this years event. It's only $50 and that includes your meal and a special gift for everyone! We also have a vendor with USMC shirts/hats/memorabilia and it's going to be a great time, so don't miss it! Bring a date or come alone! Semper Fi

Thread Information