Any air wingers out there ? - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    I always wished I could fly an F18 (I ain't gonna lie - I would probably barf all over the place but, the rush must be a b!tch) - the closest I ever got to one was to walk underneath it.

I saw something on TV earlier today about an Air Force F22 (I think that's what it is) - this thing is so awesome! Said it can be about 20 miles away from the enemy in the air and shoot and kill them BEFORE they even pick you up on radar. 1000 mph or some such noise. Can ya'll IMAGINE?
    I can relate to how you feel cause I felt it when I was in The Corps and still ever time I see pics of fast moving aircraft, my ole heart really goes pitty-pat!!

H&MS-31 back in 75-76...re-upped to go back to El Toro and MWSG-37, H&MS-37.

Mals-39 06-07
    Just Checked Into Hmla-367 Scarface

just missed ya.

Quote Originally Posted by maspotente2
    H&MS-31 back in 75-76...re-upped to go back to El Toro and MWSG-37, H&MS-37.
    I hit H&MS-31 in late '76

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    I always wished I could fly an F18 (I ain't gonna lie - I would probably barf all over the place but, the rush must be a b!tch) - the closest I ever got to one was to walk underneath it.

I saw something on TV earlier today about an Air Force F22 (I think that's what it is) - this thing is so awesome! Said it can be about 20 miles away from the enemy in the air and shoot and kill them BEFORE they even pick you up on radar. 1000 mph or some such noise. Can ya'll IMAGINE?
    You should take flying lessons on a Cessna before you get into a jet!

I just took one a week ago and it was a blast!

I served with the 1st Marine Air Wing at Iwakuni Japan from 1978-79. My unit was MWSG-17.

Proud to say;Yes I am!!!! This site is great!!! Glad to have a buddy of mine tell me about it. I was part of VMFA-312 Metal Shop based at MCAS Beaufort 1982 to 1987.
    SWING WITH THE WING!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard! Throw your gear anywhere and grab a beer.

Was with H&MS15 Ordnance in Iwakuni in 86

Whats Up Nyheyman !!!!!!!

Its Urf. About time you checked us out at this site. Theres a bunch of air wingers around. I E-mailed charlie (powerplants) & craig about the site. I will give you a call by next week end. Hows beautiful Beaufort by the sea holding up ? Take care.

Welcome Checkerboarder

Quote Originally Posted by nyheyman
    Proud to say;Yes I am!!!! This site is great!!! Glad to have a buddy of mine tell me about it. I was part of VMFA-312 Metal Shop based at MCAS Beaufort 1982 to 1987.
    SWING WITH THE WING!!!
    I was with 312 in sunny Beaufort in late'76 til summer of '77, then went to 251 for a WesPac tour. I played GSE. Greatest Show on Earth!

VMFA-312, Intel Shop! 1985-1989. Another "Fightin Checkerboard" checking in here!

Urf, I saw you started this, good to see you!

Those who were with '312 the same time I was will well remember my old boss..."The good Gunnery Sergeant Beeler"

Oh, and my wife, whose not on the boards, served with MAG-31, HAMS-31, and VMFA-122 from 86-91

Quote Originally Posted by gutinstinct
    I for one served with VMFA-312,(83/85). It was a Marine fighter attack squadron. We flew F-4S Phamton II's.
    Hey you Winger,

HMM264, TME, (OJT/Training). CH-46, CH-53, Cobra's.
    VMFP-3, RF4-B's
    VMFA-321, F4's

USairways, 737, 727, 757, etc.
    and finally and hopefully lastly, Southwest Airlines since 1996, 737's.

Quote Originally Posted by grampsdw251
    I was with 312 in sunny Beaufort in late'76 til summer of '77, then went to 251 for a WesPac tour. I played GSE. Greatest Show on Earth!
    GSE was known as, Greasy Slimy Equipment, lol.

Another Checkerboader ?

Hey Jason ! Whats it been? 22 Years ? How you doing ? Has Life Been good to you ? Have you Heard from Your old boss the Gunny ? The funny thing is i just finshed E-mailing my old boss Gunny Logan. I haven"t spoken to him in 22 years. I went to sign up on another Marine Corps site ********************* and there he was. The funny thing is that he just retired after 31 years in the Corps as a LTcol. It just shocked the s**t out of me. Am very proud of him.

Come to think about it I hope your the right Jason am thinking about. If not hello anyway. LOL

VMFA-122 HYD SHOP 1966-1968 DANANG F-4's

VMFA-251 HYD SHOP 1968-1969 BEAUFORT SC. F-4's

Thread Information