Mals-39 06-07
    Just Checked Into Hmla-367 Scarface

Glad to have seen this post...

Good luck with Scarface Marine!

How cool!

Quote Originally Posted by BikerCrewChief View Post
    I was in HML-367 83-86.

And Ben Hanson here, '83-'88

All we need now is Sitko, Latham and maybe Glenn Legg for the party to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Alhujo View Post
    I was in VMFA 251 Thunderbolts in 81', they were still F-4's. I was in the Hyd Shop ( hated the "hell hole", trying to get a wrench in the vertical stab to take out the actuator, and couldn't see the bolts. I could fit inside there back then... some what. ) Left there and went to Pax river (Naval Air Test Center) and was the first Marine to leave STRIKE Hangar to venture over to the "Secretive McDonald Douglas Hangar" to work on the new Pre-Production F-18 Hornet. I was attached to M.A.D. Pax. Gunny Leckemby anyone? Great marine. Then volunteered for the Drill Field. The F-4's at Beaufort were replaced with F-18's around 86' 87'. Man, that is a sweet bird. Went to El Toro in 88'.
    Alec, I was right next door to you in El Toro, VMFP-3.....but a few years earlier. Man I had a blast in El Toro, that base was in primo SoCal. Used to blast on my bike to Laguna Beach daily, great times.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhujo View Post
    I was in VMFA 251 Thunderbolts in 81', they were still F-4's. I was in the Hyd Shop ( hated the "hell hole", trying to get a wrench in the vertical stab to take out the actuator, and couldn't see the bolts. I could fit inside there back then... some what. ) Left there and went to Pax river (Naval Air Test Center) and was the first Marine to leave STRIKE Hangar to venture over to the "Secretive McDonald Douglas Hangar" to work on the new Pre-Production F-18 Hornet. I was attached to M.A.D. Pax. Gunny Leckemby anyone? Great marine. Then volunteered for the Drill Field. The F-4's at Beaufort were replaced with F-18's around 86' 87'. Man, that is a sweet bird. Went to El Toro in 88'.
    Hey, Alec, I was with VMF-251 from April '57 to June '58. We had FJ-3s at the time. We were at MCAS, Opa Locka, FL (Miami). 251 was just getting their sh*t together after rotating back from Korea. I joined them right out of AQ school. Opa Locka was closed in late '59 or early '60.

Vmfa 112, Nas Dallas, Tx

Cherry Point 2004-2007

I spent my first four at Combat Logistics Company 21 (CLC-21) in support of the Areal Port Of Emabrk (APEO). CLC was formaly CSSD-21, formaly Det C...

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
    And Ben Hanson here, '83-'88

All we need now is Sitko, Latham and maybe Glenn Legg for the party to start!
    Hey Ben, how is it going? We had some good times in the old Scarface!! Wish I had stayed in.

THE MARINE PILOT

Damn, I never thought of this-beats the hell out of blowing out your ears too ! During a commercial airline flight a Marine Pilot was seated next to a young mother with a baby in arms.
    When her baby began crying during the descent for landing, the mother began nursing her infant as discreetly as possible.
    The pilot pretended not to notice and, upon debarking, he gallantly offered his assistance to help with the various baby-related articles. When the young mother expressed her gratitude, the pilot responded, 'Gosh, that's a good looking baby...and he sure was hungry!'
    Somewhat embarrassed, the mother explained that her pediatrician said breast feeding would help alleviate the pressure in the baby's ears.
    The Marine Pilot sadly shook his head, and in true Marine Corps fashion exclaimed .... 'And all these years I've been chewing gum!!!

Hmx-1

I'm PCS-ing to Quantico to HMX-1 as a 6173. I'm a straight up nugget and if there are any of you out there that can give me some pointers, tips, help, hot spots, insight, etc... message me. I check in on the 29th but will head down tomorrow and stay out in town so I can visit and get somewhat acquainted with the place.

Credits
    Savings
    MALS-39, AVI-610 ('88 - '92)
    MALS-36, AVI-610 (Det) ('89-'90)

I am also an Ex. Air Winger,
    VMGR 252, H&MS27 (Cherry Point) 67-68
    H&MS 17 Da Nang 68-69
    VMGR 352 El Toro 69-70

I was a 'tweet' or 'twigit' (Avionics), although I rarely got to do that.

Mike Dolan (Rocketman)

I'm with MAG 31, the parent unit to VMFA 312,251,224,122,115 and 533, Ooh Rah!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gutinstinct View Post
    Hey devildogs no offense on what am going to say but I remember the drunken AO's (avaition ordanance) would come into the barracks at 0500 hrs screaming "AO AO AO AO". Other than that. I have no idea. Marine84 can you please inform us on what it means ? Thanks. * Dam am getting old *
    If a marine ordie said that "AO AO AO AO" he would get punched in the face, the Navy says that crap

anyone remember going for some flight line as a newby to the airwing? I do

Thread Information