POOLEES! come on in and meet
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb POOLEES! come on in and meet

So, i see we have ALOT of poolees and wannabes on this site. I know we have the chats on thursdays and sundays, but in here it is 24/7. So just come in say hi. meet all the others. ask questions. anything you want to know will be answered to the best of abilities. This wont only be used by poolees just to let you all know. all other users will browse through here occasionaly to give advice im sure. So chat away. and if you want certain questions to be discussed during the chat seesions just say so.

Are you talking about the chat or this thread?

i meant bring up discussions if you want in this thread. that we can use for the chat sessions.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Alright I have something to say. I dont really post here much but Im always on here. About a week ago I decided it was time. I have given it much thought and decided it was time to join the DEP. So I talked to my recruiter and got everything I needed to join. He had to submit something for my shoulder because I had surgery on it. It was supposed to come in Monday and he was gonna call when it did. I call him and he says he hasnt heard anything yet and tommorow he will give them a little while untill he lights a fire under their ass. Well here it is after 5 pm Tuesday and still havent heard anything from him yet. This is weird because he calls all the time. Im sure these things take time but its kind of weird he hasnt contacted me just to say it hasnt come yet because, like I said he calls quite often. Has anybody ever had anything like this happen. I know I probably shouldnt even worry about this.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Disregard that last post just talked to the recruiter and still waiting. I cant even imagine the anticipation for waiting for boot camp, Im restless just for the damn med report. Just wanna say this is the most motivating site I think Ive ever been to thanks all.

Be prepared to not talk to your recruiter as much now that you are in the DEP. IDK if its true for all of them, but I only talk with mine once a week now for like 2 min to check in and then on Saturdays at the Pool Functions. Maybe yours is different though.

I'm totally different. I see my recruiters everyday if I can afford the gas money.

I would love too, they are the coolest guys I know, but they are (or seem to be) extremely busy too, and I hate feeling like I'm in the way.

Trust me, a recruiter would like nothing more than for you to be there. It's a good enviroment, I'm always helping, either doing simple paper filing, to making phone calls or doing errands (Food, Gas, supply) runs.

Also, what all my recruiters talk about would be filthy and dirty to any average person, but it amazes me on how the morale keeps up for those guys. Everymorning, they talk about ways to get out of recruiting duty.

You also pick a few things. I never knew how another Marine would insult another Marine, but I learned.

"Hold on SSgt!!! Did you just DEVIL DOG me?!?"

Gawd fun times at the office.

You poolees are getting too into it. About half of you are going to lose interest in boot camp. We all go in scared and bright-eyed. Then you realize this ain't right for you or you just can't put up with all the bullsh*t and you rebel. It's just funny to see you guys do this because I was the exact same way. Boot camp turned everything around.

Lose interest in boot camp? How exactly does that work- because I cannot imagine it even being possible. It isn't like you have a choice on whether or not you do what you're told to do.

Zackmerc how do you rebel in bootcamp? You must have been Mike Co. I hope you weren't in that garbage platoon that had that incident with 1008 Alpha at the chow hall.

Ya that sums up "Mighty Mike" undisiplined recruits that didn't care about representing there platoon and company. I garantee that stuff would not fly in my platoon or the rest of alpha co.

I try to see my recruiters whenever possible, I went out there one saturday, just to hang out before I went up north.

Its amazing how much the screw around with each other when they arent busy.

and its funny how they are contemplating ways to get outta recruiting duty

Heres a topic:

What is everyones goals? as far as In the Marine Corps.

Besides making it through P.I.
    Im an officer hopeful, if not I'm going to go active duty

Greeny, what platoon were you in? Did you hear about what happened between 1008 and some Mike Co. platoon at evening chow during team week?

Thread Information