Recruitment office hours?
Create Post

Recruitment office hours?

I'm finally going to go see a recruiter, but I don't know the office hours for the recruitment office. I live several miles away from the nearest one so I definitely don't want to show up at the wrong time. Also, are the hours different on weekdays and weekends?

They have telephones. Also, you can fill out a form on marines.com and they will contact you in a few days (if you can't find their number anywhere else)

Don't be afraid to call them, all the USMC recruiters that I have met are awsome guys and will treat you really well.

Thanks, I often forget that I have a cell phone... I'll have to keep it with me more often now.

Recruiters seem to work like crazy. I know my recruiter is usually at the office starting at 7 AM (this is a non-MEPS trip day. If he has to go to MEPS, he is at the office at 4 AM) and he is usually there at least until 7 PM, if not later. I would definitely give the recruiting office near you a call, as they usually like to make appointments with you to meet them and talk since they are running around everywhere and anywhere on any given day. That way at least they know you are coming and can prepare to meet and talk with you, rather than just having you "pop in". I got my recruiter's info from doing a search for "USMC recruiting" on something like whitepages.com

Yeah calling them would be your best bet. Recruiters are always running around, always crazy busy. Making an appointment with a recruiter is the way to go instead of just dropping in. Sometimes they'll even meet you somewhere if you cant get all the way to the RSS or they'll even offer to pick you up and drive you back. Glad to see you are looking into the Marines. Hope to see you back here with a profile change to a DEP/Poolee. Good luck.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by fs19
    Also, you can fill out a form on marines.com
    Do not do this. Please. I made this mistake and I was called at least ten times by ten different Marines in the span of one week (not one of them my nearest recruiter). One time they called me while I was in school and it was really embarrassing. I know I'm supposed to keep my phone off, but nobody ever calls me in school... Oh was I wrong. And I told them the same thing every time. However, the one excellent thing that I got out of that form-filling was an excellent packet which contained some information on OCS and had a bunch of cool photos.

They're usually there 0700. I'm always there early in the morning with them, since I have no job, and I'm on stand-by I just chill with my recruiters all-day. Helping doing something, it's a pretty fun enviroment to be around, and you can learn a lot from them as well.

Also, you can call 1-800-Marines and you can get the local number from the operator.

Also, heres some advice I got today.

"Ray-Ray (new nickname), I want you to do two things when you get into the Corps.
    1. Avoid Recruiting Duty
    2. Survive combat."

Gotta love the recruiters.

Notice the order on that list. He intended for it to be that way.

I realized what he meant. My recruiters used to have a hard charging Gunny (NCOIC).
    He was always a cussin one of them out.

"GOD DAMNIT!!! PIPKINS!!!!!"

I used to trip out on them for it, but then I got chewed out. Then i easily corrected myself from then on out. Now we have a SSgt. who is a "pastor in training' and he doesn't cuss at all, so I guess I got it made.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    They're usually there 0700. I'm always there early in the morning with them, since I have no job, and I'm on stand-by I just chill with my recruiters all-day. Helping doing something, it's a pretty fun enviroment to be around, and you can learn a lot from them as well.

Also, you can call 1-800-Marines and you can get the local number from the operator.

Also, heres some advice I got today.

"Ray-Ray (new nickname), I want you to do two things when you get into the Corps.
    1. Avoid Recruiting Duty
    2. Survive combat."

Gotta love the recruiters.
    My dad loved when he was on Recruiting duty. Then again, he's good at selling ideas when he wants to.

I think I'll try hanging out at the office one day to see how it works. Thanks for the idea Raymond.

I filled out the online form and was only called by my recruiter. The information they send you is good, but you can get the same information from the recruiter. The easiest way is to do that, look online for the phone number, or pull out an old-fashioned phonebook.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I first saw this thread and thought what the? Office Hours is Marine speak for NJP Article 15. LOL
    The recruiters are there early and leave late and if you give them a call they will come to your home if you like. Best of luck to ya and congratualtions on your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Books
    Do not do this. Please. I made this mistake and I was called at least ten times by ten different Marines in the span of one week (not one of them my nearest recruiter). One time they called me while I was in school and it was really embarrassing. I know I'm supposed to keep my phone off, but nobody ever calls me in school... Oh was I wrong. And I told them the same thing every time. However, the one excellent thing that I got out of that form-filling was an excellent packet which contained some information on OCS and had a bunch of cool photos.
    Too late... Good thing my phone is always on vibrate. I'm just glad the site gave me the nearest recruiting station's address and phone number.

Also, I'm still 17, I just want to get as much info as I can in the two months before I turn 18 to make it easier to fend my parents (and possibly other college students) off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    I first saw this thread and thought what the? Office Hours is Marine speak for NJP Article 15.
    That's what I was thinking at first

Thread Information