Pix From The Beirut Memorial Observance Taken On Oct. 23, 2007 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does anyone else have some insight?

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm married 22 years to a surviving Marine who was there during that bombing. Are there any wives who have had trouble understanding their husbands. I am and have been having to deal with major problems.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Your best bet would be to post this question in the Marine Spouse thread.

I don't think that any Marine spouse can truly understand their Marine.....a Marine of the different eras of war,conflict or peacetime.

A suggestion would be to contact a Vet Center in your area.

130 W. Kingbridge Rd. Bronx,NY 10458 Rm 7A-13 (718)367-3500

Good luck!

I was stationed at HQMC that day! I remember it like it was yesterday! Have ya'll read the book?

There are only two types of people that understand Marines. Marines and the enemy.

I know where I was on October 23, 1983, aboard the USS Guam, LPH-9 for the Grenada invasion on October 25th.

The BLT on the Guam would have been the ones in Beirut, except for the little detour to Grenada.

I was a Reservist, activated for Grenada. I thought at the time that we would be on active duty for a long time with what was going down at the time. I fully expected that we would continue with the BLT and relieve the BLT in Beirut, which was the original intent before Grenada. Not to be, my unit was sent home.

Unfortunately, Beirut and Grenada have been lost in the scheme of things, and IMHO that is somewhat of a disgrace that the American people have quickly forgotten what happened. Those that were there sure as hell have not forgotten.

I will be at Camp Lejeune on October 23rd for the 25th Anniversary Memorial Services. Looking forward to meeting some of you Beirut veterans. Semper Fi!

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It figures. I am exhausted trying to figure out this man. Emotionally shut down, except for anger....I can't imagine that all Marines turn out this way, or maybe they do. Thanks for the suggestion Phantom Blooper. Maybe I'll try the spouse forum

i was at camp lejuene when the memorial was planned and placed. i lost several very closed buddies there. especailly when you know them and their familes. each kid by name. it still brings a tear to ones eye and swelling of pride knowing they did their duty and is still doing there duty at marine corps gate one in heaven.To all my friends watching down i salute them and to the families and friend of the fallen , i salute you all too and say " semper fi "

Thread Information