Would you use torture to save American lives? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Um, RVHAll? Lincoln suspended habeus corpus during the civil war, so saying bush is the first is wrong, and he did it without congresional aproval or consent. they did then go back and approve it months after the fact though.

Good point, HardJedi!

Quote Originally Posted by HardJedi
    Lincoln suspended habeus corpus during the civil war, so saying bush is the first is wrong,
    Touche, I stand corrected. Glad someone does pay attention to historical facts. This did happen once before, although the nation's very existance was threatened in the very immediate future in a way that was indisputable at the time.
    Sorry for my oversight but that doesn't change the fact that the new left is right of center in my parent's time and the new right is far to the right of anything ever seen before in the USA. That together with the exercise of war-time powers in the absence of a declared war, the undeclared "war" on a budget (again), the habeus corpus and torture issues, the decline of our technical superiority, and the alienation of the entire world does not bode well for the future of what I hope will remain the greatest example to the world of freedom and a government of, by and for the people.

Semper Fi

shoot? of , by, and for the people? not in MANY MANY years. not when it is estimated to now cost over 600 million to run a presidential campaign. what need to be done, is political parties need to be outlawed and people running for president be forbidden to spend more than 1 million dollars on thier campaign. then maybe we'll get people there in office who don't owe so much for to large corps and speacial interest contributers
    and of course i pay attention to historical facts! I am a blonde butt hai away from becoming a HS history/ social studies teacher. YAY for me lol

We all took the oath to defend and protect the Constitution...I shall not break mine...Torture is wrong under any circumstances and if we resort to torture, then what separates us from the barbarians?...I am a Marine and will always be proud to be part of the best...I am an American and will always be proud to be a member of the greatest country in the history of the world, a country that has done more good than all combined countries that have ever existed...What can be better than that...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amtracs1962
    We all took the oath to defend and protect the Constitution...I shall not break mine...Torture is wrong under any circumstances and if we resort to torture, then what separates us from the barbarians?...I am a Marine and will always be proud to be part of the best...I am an American and will always be proud to be a member of the greatest country in the history of the world, a country that has done more good than all combined countries that have ever existed...What can be better than that...
    Well said!

As a Marine and a American we all should have high standards for our conduct but if your going to wrestle pigs in the mud (war) your going to get dirty! So sometimes our conduct has to change to deal with those that do not have any.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Is anyone else getting kinda bummed out about that we even have to talk about this? I look back at my comments and think, "Wow, this is harsh."

i am actually MORE disapointed no one has any thoughts on my moral justifications for torture thread!

You know what, I just have to say this:::::: I really don't give a **** what the rest of the World thinks about my USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND if we stopped their foreign aid, you can bet their ****ing attitude WILL CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say **** them and the rest of the World!!!!!!
    Would anyone here on the forum use torture if it would save American lives?

Now, to the point at hand. Would I torture to save a Brother Marine's live - give me the ****ing pliers and some wire and I'll torture the truth out of their ass!!!!!!!!!!! You damn right I would!!!!!!!!!!

The Geneva Convention crap has no place in this conflict and does not even apply. The sheetheads have made the rules and that is the rules we should abide by!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Some of the posts lead me to believe that the US Constitution is in place to protect foreigners....

Now if you want to snow me with the moral high ground, then I get it, but otherwise, invoking the Constitution is another issue...

Thread Information