Would you use torture to save American lives? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RVHall, You cherish "The Greatest Generation" but I tell you this,,, They would bayonet 6 to get info out of 1. That makes them the "Greatest Generation". They Won,,, simple. In 'nam you took 3 Gooks up for a chopper ride, throw out 2, and the third would talk. And Dawgg,,, Done right, you don't get bad intel,,, Grow up..... Life is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Fuc Or Be Fuced??????????????????????????????????

WHEN IN ROME,YOU DO AS THE ROMAN'S DO

would i use torture? sure, if i thought it would save lives. is it a political quagmire? sure. hats why the media should be kept out of it as much as possible

I have no compassion for these people (Islamofascists) and have no misconceptions as to what they are capable of doing to me, my family, friends or anyone else to achieve thier ends. Therefore I would cheerfully torture, or cut the throat of any one of them----with a song in my heart and a smile on my face.

On Liberals

All you guys are right. I am a liberal. At least by today's standards I am. But then Justice John Paul Stevens, a moderate conservative appointed by Pres. Ford is now the most liberal judge on the Supreme Court. The neocons now consider Goldwater a liberal, even though at the time he and other John Birch Society members were considered as far right as you can go without being fascist.

So the times have changed, and along with them our values. I'm still a Republican but I can't vote for torture. My tour was with combat units in I-Corps, by the way. And I'd die to save you, my brothers.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    YOU DON'T TORTURE HUMANS,,,,,, But those who decide not to be human,,,, ie Japs,, SS,, Cong,, Isolamoidiots,,,,, To He11 with them. If you have a hard time with that,, Think what they would do with your little sister.
    I totally agree with you there, devildog. Most of those Islamonazis who slaughter left and right do not have human souls. Zarqawi didn't suffer any inner conflict when he sawed off Nick Berg's head on camera. Sorry to say, but "by any means necessary."

However, and I'm being polite here, let's do without the "Japs" comment.

When you got a Marine with half-Japanese blood, it's pretty damned hard to equate the people who fought for the evil Japanese Empire with me, and I'm just half. That said, I will tell you straight up I'm no "half-Jap", for that matter. Let's not get the racial part mixed up with the political part. I'm not half "Jap", whole "Jap", or down with the "Japs", even though I share 50% of my DNA with the "Japs". Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain to you.

Sgt gw

THE EARL PATCH, WEST TEXAS, Home of the 1st LADY Larua BUSH, Midland, TEXAS
    Credits
    Savings

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    LOL, nice one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GW, There were Japs,,,,,,, There are now the Japanese. I know the difference. Just like there were gooks,Heck I worked with a friend who USED to be a Gook. But no more. there used to be Natzis. Of which I am more than 50% German. If you took offense, sorry, but I don't think you should have. I was making a point as to those who would torture the cr^p out of us.
    Look,,,, I married into a French family, My mother in law was 8 during the German occupation. She remembers having a picture of Hitler on her wall, as was required. I went thru heck 'cause I was German. Although my German relatives got here before 1775.
    Anyway,,, I meant no offense Dammit. ;] Semper Fi, Bro.

You bet your arse i would use it if it gets me info on the bastards a good thumpin never hurt no one.. trust me by the time you kick someone in gonads about 4 times he"ll be ready to talk.. and cut his scrotum with a K-bar he will spill out anything we want to know..

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Mebbe' they'll tell us where Osama is. Nothing has worked so far. The puke has a $25 million dollar price on his head and no one is stepping forward.

Credits
    Savings
    with these islamist, anything is fair game

Cool

Torture is rong, just shot them.[IMG]images/smilies/banana.gif[/IMG]

Try this on for size

Ok, then most everybody on this forum but me is OK with torture. But consider this: we all swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. Most Marines are men and women of their word, right?

Article VI of the Constitution reads, in part, as follows:
    "This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

The Third Geneva Convention, to which the United States is a signatory, relates to prisoners. You can easily find it and read it.

Finally, contrary to what some here have stated or implied, you WILL be courtmartialed if you are caught torturing prisoners. The very few of you here who are veterans of serious combat probably have seen that this is true. One of you mentioned pushing VC out of a heli to get info. Yep, that actually happened, although contrary to the lies spread by John Kerry it was not pervasive. The one recon marine I knew who did that was busted from E-5 to E-1 and his career was ruined. Today, he would likely spend a lengthy time in the brig after a dishonorable discharge.

For the young ones seeing this, you should take it seriously. You may get a good laugh out of the cute remarks but you can get your ass in some serious trouble with the USMC if you take this lightly.

If you are in the USMC to uphold and defend your personal opinions, I'm sorry. If you want to defend the Constitution, you might consider reading it. I'm not trying to be negative, and we have much in common, but especially for the young ones, this is a serious topic to consider. I'd hate to see one of them end a promising career.

Semper Fi to all.

Thread Information