VA expands benefits status for Vietnam veterans
Create Post

Exclamation VA expands benefits status for Vietnam veterans

VA expands benefits status for Vietnam veterans
    The Associated Press
    Posted : Wednesday Oct 14, 2009 7:10:42 EDT

WASHINGTON — The Veterans Affairs Department said Tuesday it plans to make it easier for Vietnam veterans exposed to the agent orange herbicide who suffer from certain medical conditions to qualify for VA benefits.

The conditions are B cell leukemias, Parkinson’s disease and ischemic heart disease. The veterans with those conditions under the VA’s proposal would have presumptive status, which would make it easier to obtain benefits.

Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki made the decision based on findings in a study by the Institute of Medicine, the VA said.

It would bring to 15 the number of medical conditions that have presumptive status in connection to agent orange exposure.

The VA estimates that about 200,000 Vietnam veterans might seek benefits under the proposed change in policy.

Agent orange was used to defoliate trees to make it easier to see enemy action. The VA estimates that between January 1965 and April 1970, more than 2 million military personnel were potentially exposed to it.

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's really nice of the Bastards since most of our Brothers are Dead that were exposed too the Agent O or soon will Be

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    That's really nice of the Bastards since most of our Brothers are Dead that were exposed too the Agent O or soon will Be
    some of us are still fighting this thing .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Home Marine

Man aint that the truth my brother. alot of them have passed on....

expanded benifits for Viet. Vets.

Cowboy, if I had listened to the va, I would surely have died 14 years ago, and for sure 6 years ago again, but I had the sense to go to a true Dr. for a 2nd oppinion, and I'm still alive. The va says, we will all be dead,(the ones that actually touched Vietnam soil), in 6 more years, but not this Marine. I do not go to them anymore. They must have our demise all worked out, with their big computers and all, if they can say we will be gone by 2015. They were absolutely miss diagnosing me for sure. Each one of us they get rid of, is that much less they will have to compensate us, and treat us. I'd remember this people before I went to them again. If not, get your estates in order.(write your wills). There are 4 out of 5 that claims to have been to Vietnam, but they did not leave the states. Now they want to be a Viet. Vet, but they were worms then living in canada to keep from going. Then peanuts becomes prez., and pardons them. NOT ME. Semper Fi, Ready-App.

Why would you call them worms the fu*kers liveing in canada? I think worms have more guts than them fuc*ers did KNow what I mean. I wouldn't let them have the sweet off my feet if they were dieing of thrust. I belive love it or stay the fu*k out OF OUR U.S.A.. This goes for the Fuc* Heads we Have running our country now. Watch out for them. Keep the Rifiles & Shotguns handy no what I mean I hope. It may come a time We need them again. I Pray not and hope not but don't give them up. SSGT. Francisco Always Faithful. Semper Fidelis..

va expands benifits for Viet. Vet.

Believe me Kenneth, I wanted to use a more fitting name for the cowards that went to canada, but didn't really need to get banned for a time, because of such a low form of trash. Peanuts are good for you, but when carter pardoned the scum-bags that deserted or went there to avoid the draft, I won't even touch a bag of the things now and its been a long time. He feels we that speak out against barry boy,(the young uncle tom), are radicals and brush us off. How long did it take for us to brush him off? I feel he was drummed out of the Navy because he would not be promoted again. If he built a home for me, I'd just give it away. Yes, the way barry is doing all of us, we need to be ready for anything. They are now scretely working on legislation to instantly make all illegal aliens certified Americans. Nothing we can do about it. Plus send mexico money to help feed and take care of the ones that don't want to walk across the border. Thats a Fact. Semper Fi, Ready-App.

Thread Information