1st ANGLICO Sub Unit 1, 1967-68 - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hello warren here vietnam vet who served in chul lai hoe an and da nang in tet 68 as a radio operator with the korean marines 1st anglico div...........anybody else??? would love to hook up or find others in this era...........semper fi jarheads

hi jim my call sign was latin rebel 14 with the korean marines was there in tet of 68 in hoi an and worked many of the air support teams and even had the honor of wrking an arc 52 strike (b-52's).........wrking with korean marines i really got a taste for the kimchee..........everyday...............would love to find other guys in this era but having a hard time remembering names............semper fi
    warren

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ahhsoo you need to completely fill out your profile before posting.
    Site rules.

1st anglico sub unit 1 1967-1968

My name is joe i served at the 1st anglico sub unit 1 call signs latin rebel bravo..and lz2-11. Would like to communicate with any of my old mates. John Wilson, David Black and maybe John Harding and Beaver????? Korean Marine Oh Chun Bong?? semper fi

Wasn't Black hit by a stray round while sitting in a tent at 3d Btn? Seems like I heard that. I'm on vacation and can't easily check, but Harding may be on our website at www.1anglico.org/forums. The site is down for a major upgrade this week.

Semper Fi

yes that is how he was hit! he recovered ok and I saw him back home once, but
    have lost contact. I don't remember you but have forgotten many names.
    THANKS semper fi

I would like to contact a ROK marine I served with in Hoi An. I think his name
    is Oh Chun Bong. We were together from 3-68 until 12-68

This is Dave Black - Joe you don't know how many times I have thought about contacting you! As with others here I knew very few of our guys because we were spread all over. i knew Ray Shawn. We used to argue the civil war while still at Bin Son. So next time you touch bases here let me know how to contact you. Beaver was in boot, radio and ANGLICO and I think was from Ohio. What about the elder J a Sprouse. He came over with us ....

Smile Hey Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Davehugo View Post
    This is Dave Black - Joe you don't know how many times I have thought about contacting you! As with others here I knew very few of our guys because we were spread all over. i knew Ray Shawn. We used to argue the civil war while still at Bin Son. So next time you touch bases here let me know how to contact you. Beaver was in boot, radio and ANGLICO and I think was from Ohio. What about the elder J a Sprouse. He came over with us ....
    I think we met briefly. At one time or another I was with each of the 3d Bn companies. I saw that you registered on the ANGLICO website. Offhand, there are several of us still kicking. Doug McLoughlin passed away about a year ago. Jim Chally lives in Boise. "Shorty" Dierker lives in New Jersey. Paul Carter spends summers in Canada and winters in Arizona.

All those can be reached via the ANGLICO website. In addition, on Facebook I set up a "Lightning from the Sky" group and an ANGLICO Association page. Dan Deming has checked in there. As you know, Ray died in Dan's arms after that ambush.

Finally, our website will change significantly this year. Two books and an article or two in Leatherneck Magazine have made use of our website and those authors also contrubuted much history there. We want to change it so that more younger ANGLICO Marines and Sailors contribute to ANGLICO history there as well.

I'm happy that you're still kicking.

Semper Fi

That was quick. I wish I could say for sure that we met but it has been over 45 years ... At Bin Son I worked the brigade LZ from about Oct until just before the move up. Spent a couple weeks on a pimple hill with a ROK/ruff puff/army radio relay team and transported from there up north. Then I worked the brigade LZ which I think was at1st bn cp with the arty and tanks. Later LZ moved close to the beach. So I saw lots of guys passing through but knew my ROK counterparts better. Then went to 3d bn by the airstrip as team chief got shot and medivaced. Probable knew maybe a dozen guys ... I recall Bart who was the mechanic

Hi Dave Black, This is Joe,Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Great to hear from you! Brought back a lot
    of memories. I live in Duluth and my phone# is 218-727-6068 Hope to hear from you Joe

Dave, It was great talking to you. I lost your phone#. Give me a call when you
    get time. THANKS JOE

I was attached to The Blue Dragon (2d Korean Marine Brigade) at Binh Son in 1967.
    Ray Dees

Can't remember my Blue Dragon Brigade ROK company but I was in the boonies with Sgt 'Pappy' Blackburn. My memory for names really is pitiful these days but I remember searching the flood waters for the 2 drowned brothers during the monsoon and the thrill of the 68 Tet offensive. May '67-June '68.
    Arnold Keen

Thread Information