2nd battalion Golf Co.
Create Post

2nd battalion Golf Co.

I found out that im going to be in 2nd battalion Golf Co. I was just wondering if any of you guys know if thats a good btl and CO?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It really doesn't matter that much what battalion or company you're in, or who their COs are. What matters is who your drill instructors are.

In the fleet, your company commander is more important than at boot camp, only because there he has more direct influence on your life (literally).

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Beat me to it Zulu...

The odd that you get the same drill instructors and series commander as Marines on this site that graduated recently or within the past year is low for that type of advice. The only thing you will get is 2nd is not as great as 3rd or 1st and vice a versa.

As Zulu said when you hit the fleet you will need to worry about who your company commander,platoon commander,platoon sergeant,squad leader and fire team leader is. You are responsible for yourself but they will make or break your career.

That's what Company and Battalion I was in when I went through boot. I believe a couple of my drill instructors are still there. If you end up doing what I got to do then you'll have a splendid time hahaha. We had it tougher then recruits in other companies from what I gathered speaking with other recruits. But yeah enjoy yourself. A lot of things can change in the course of a year however.

It seems that all my favorite Marines have gone through 2nd Battalion. And my boyfriend just graduated from Golf Co. a couple of months ago. From what I hear from him, the D.I.s were amazing.

I was in G Co for boot... Now my 4th hat is a SgtMaj... Man do I feel old...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei
    I was in G Co for boot... Now my 4th hat is a SgtMaj... Man do I feel old...
    Isrowei; you are still wet behind the ears in this company!

Aye aye! Thanks for putting it back in perspective!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No kidding man (oops LT) - wait til you get as old as Phantom or DWG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And, yes, even as old as me.

2nd bt golfs where I was made, good training they will make you into a Marine but dont mess around with the drill instructors they are tough. And if you get Sgt. Johnson, haha good luck you'll see.

All the companies and platoons are the same! Listen to your friends that are Marines and I guarantee you that they will tell you stories of boot camp that are identical in every way shape and form to your experiences. Drill instructors all come from the same schools.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    No kidding man (oops LT) - wait til you get as old as Phantom or DWG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And, yes, even as old as me.

Good thing you qualified that remark!

Hell, you still a little damp behind the ears to us old farts, M84!

Thread Information