Workout, Routine?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Workout, Routine?

It doesn't take great or even good physical condition to dole out advice or be a good coach, and alot of poolee threads are about seeking physical conditioning advice. So i got a hunch that some poolee's might be interested to know what kind of PT active and former Marines of all ages engage in on their own time.

Besides shoeing for the public which is hard labor but not a good workout:

Every other day its push-ups, rowing machine, crunches and air squats__tried those Korean jumping jacks and the knees disagreed strongly

Never stopped walking/hiking when i left the Corps except when i was a cowboy and packer where being afoot for long is considered indignant Now i try to cover at least 5 mile humps 4 or more times a week. Sugar Ray Robinson was asked what kind of training he reccomended, he said walking, folks dont walk enough. That was in the 1940's!

Stretching most every morning takes about 8 minutes and if i remember to drink about a pint of water i leave the house feeling pretty good.

Dont usually need coffee but drink it anyway, about 10 hand rolled cigarettes per day, drink beer about 2 or 3 times a month and get absolutely polluted about that many times a year. So whats your story Marines.

--->Dave

I lift 4 days a week. Chest/bis on Monday, Legs on Tuesday, Back/Tris on Thursday, and core on Friday.

I run 3 days a week. Monday is speed work at the track. Wednesday is intervals and/or hills. Saturday is a distance run of 6-7 miles.

I bike on Thursday and Sunday. Sometimes I swim, but I'm not too set on that schedule.

I run everyday, 3 miles now.
    Work out Monday, Wendsday, Friday.
    Pull-ups, crunches, push-ups, and ab-workout, multiple times everyday.

a poolee with Marine in his screen name?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When a hound is treed you have to go to it. Standing there waiting on you banging them out. Doesn't matter if is 100 yards or 10 miles ... put on your boots and grab a leash and light.

Ok look I understand the whole "don't claim the title till you earn it". I haven't claimed it, this is my screen name on everything including my email. I will be particullary unhappy if this was to change due to a ego problem

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Incoming...

Yeah, Jeff take cover. Your not a Marine. Plain and simple. We don't have a problem with your ego, just your name is against the rules on this forum. Change it to PooleeJeffery or someting else.

Im gunna go ahead and get down on the deck. Someone let me know when it's all clear.

No orders were given in the OP, just suggestions. And upon review it seems pretty clear that i was looking for comments from active and former Marines, so poolee's like yourself Jeffery, can possibly get some ideas on training or at least see what things might be like a few years down the trail.

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyWannabe
    due to a ego problem
    Are you saying that I have an ego problem? If you're going to have an attitude, be man enough to stand up and say it. Don't just sit back and make vague comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdncowboy
    Im gunna go ahead and get down on the deck. Someone let me know when it's all clear.
    I can't help you. I'm already in a trench.

ego problem? who the hell do you think you are!? just change your screen name,plain and simple.

we have thesame shipdate,we'll be on the island at the same time...you better not be the sh**bag in my platoon.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jeffery, first you need to carefully. If you want to post your workout routine there are many other threads you as a POOLEE are asked to post. Just take the advice and be quiet, just read. Get some ideas of how active and former Marines work out. Yeah, and change your screen name.

Thread Information