Marines,

I would like to take a moment to ask you all for your help.

I have a small business that caters to scale model enthusiasts called Orion Scale Models.

Under this name, a new product line of water slide decals was created, Flying Leathernecks Decals.

As the name would suggest, the products of the Flying Leathernecks line focus on the aircraft operated by the US Marine Corps.

The goal of Flying Leathernecks Decals is to preserve our rich and storied aviation history in one of the simplest ways possible......through plastic scale models.

While I can, and do have the opportunities to do research for new sheets, at times it can be difficult to juggle family, "honey-do's", life in general, the Marine Corps, and a side business all at the same time.

This is where you can help. If you have photos showing the markings of your squadrons aircraft, know a little bit of history about that particular aircraft, or have always wanted do build a model of an aircraft you flew or maintained (if you're a model builder), but couldn't find the right decals.......contact me!

I am always looking for new subject matter to cover......and if it says MARINES on the sides, it is worthy of attention.

So, if have good information that could assist in drawing up correct artwork to produce quality water slide decals of Marine aircraft, please email me at the following address:

orionmodels@aol.com

You can check out current sheets that are pending release at our web site here:

http://orionscalemodels.com/flyingleathernecks.html

Thank you for your time and Semper Fidelis,

SSgt Dave Roof

Owner, Orion Scale Models / Flying Leathernecks Decals