pull ups:14
    sit ups: 68

my first ist 2 months ago was:
    run:13:57
    pull ups: 8
    sit ups: 47
    really happy about the run time
    Congrats on the improvement!

Dude, what's the secret on the pullups? I have been trying and trying with different programs; I can't break 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post
    Dude, what's the secret on the pullups? I have been trying and trying with different programs; I can't break 10.
    Doing a sh|t load of push ups and pullups. (mainly push ups though) If you're doing pullups on your own, do them where you have your arms far apart and have the back of your hand facing you. Both of those will definitely help you out.

If you're a heavy guy that could be what's holding you against you to break 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post
    Congrats on the improvement!

Well first off your 6'6 so pull ups will be hard for you. However the run will be easier for you. But you need more strength. Find a weighted vest of backpack thats about 20-30 lbs and you could alternate days of weighted vs body weight pull ups

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Sokol View Post
    Doing a sh|t load of push ups and pullups. (mainly push ups though) If you're doing pullups on your own, do them where you have your arms far apart and have the back of your hand facing you. Both of those will definitely help you out.

If you're a heavy guy that could be what's holding you against you to break 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensen139 View Post
    Well first off your 6'6 so pull ups will be hard for you. However the run will be easier for you. But you need more strength. Find a weighted vest of backpack thats about 20-30 lbs and you could alternate days of weighted vs body weight pull ups
    Good tips both of you. Many thanks. Yeah, the run seems slightly easier for me, but I still only have a very average time. Hoping to get under 9 mins on the last IST before I ship. 44 more days!

Credits
    Savings
    Like the kid above said...push ups and pull ups. I just do push ups every day. Pull ups I only do at our PTs. And I seem to go up a pull up every week.

Pull ups: 18
    crunches:110
    mile 1/2: 9:00 min

I need to work on my pull ups more!

Pull ups: 4
    Crunches: 65
    1.5 Run: 12:02
    this is my first IST at the RS when i was at meps I couldn't even do 1 pull up so i am improving, but I relly need to improve on every thing a lot

P.S. never only get one hour of sleep before a poolee function, lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    Pull ups: 4
    Crunches: 65
    1.5 Run: 12:02
    this is my first IST at the RS when i was at meps I couldn't even do 1 pull up so i am improving, but I relly need to improve on every thing a lot

P.S. never only get one hour of sleep before a poolee function, lesson learned.
    Not too bad on your first IST. You will see over time that you will improve. From the looks of it you should be able to do at least 100 crunches by the time you ship. Not too sure on the pull-ups since everyone varies on them, but you should be around 20 when you ship. Your run time will also go down. All that is possible if you keep attending your pool functions and work out on your own during week.

On another note, you leave for Boot Camp one week after myself

Anyone got any good ab workouts? I'm at 60 now. But need to be over 60 by Thursday or there's a chance my RS won't let me ship.. even though the minimum is 44.. ghey.

Quote Originally Posted by topless617 View Post
    Anyone got any good ab workouts? I'm at 60 now. But need to be over 60 by Thursday or there's a chance my RS won't let me ship.. even though the minimum is 44.. ghey.
    I've been doing planks, incline situps, and TMF sets to get my numbers up.

Hey guys, there's an updated thread for IST stats, so if you could, just go ahead and post in there.

@topless: graves is right; planks, incline sit-ups, etc. I've been steadily improving since my recruiter started making me do tons of planks, and I started doing incline sit-ups, weighted incline sit-ups, regular weighted sit-ups and some variations. I'd bet you could get up to 70 if you just push yourself! Otherwise, I'm gonna' be out-crunchin' you real soon.

We IST the first Tuesday of every month. We have no Poolee PT on weekends. My last IST was:

Pull Ups- 7
    1.5 Run- 10.12
    Crunches- 75

Or, you know, disregard my post entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rough Hands View Post
    Hey guys, there's an updated thread for IST stats, so if you could, just go ahead and post in there.

@topless: graves is right; planks, incline sit-ups, etc. I've been steadily improving since my recruiter started making me do tons of planks, and I started doing incline sit-ups, weighted incline sit-ups, regular weighted sit-ups and some variations. I'd bet you could get up to 70 if you just push yourself! Otherwise, I'm gonna' be out-crunchin' you real soon.

I didn't see the new one so i posted here i'll go to the other one, cause rough hands demands it lol

also it kind of seems like i improve by two pullups a week cause I've been in for three weeks about and first week i had 0 second 2 and now i have 4

Thread Information