Pool Function - IST scores. - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    =Tiny90]can you guess which one is me?
    Not Paris huh well how about that little feller in the back with his hands in his pockets

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun
    Not Paris huh well how about that little feller in the back with his hands in his pockets
    close, thats Gunny Georges' Kid.

Interesting trend in pushup styles in that there circle of Poolee's. I suppose the Gunny is way cool and to nice of a guy to get after you all, but that freestyle ass in the air technique ain't gonna pan out beyond the yellow foot prints

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun
    Interesting trend in pushup styles in that there circle of Poolee's. I suppose the Gunny is way cool and to nice of a guy to get after you all, but that freestyle ass in the air technique ain't gonna pan out beyond the yellow foot prints

--->Dave
    HAH!

Thats calf stretch. Notice only one foot is touching the ground. I should have captioned them.

I guess the tall as foo in the camo shorts.

1 1/2 mile run: 12:03

Crunches: 71

Pullups: 8

All need improvement I'm sure, but I would really like to get better with my run time.

Quote Originally Posted by CarriO
    My scores at the last pool function:

1.5 mile: 13:08
    Flex-arm hang: 38 seconds
    Crunches: 117

Seriously! How do you improve your run time so fast? Mine's been sittin' pretty on 13:00 for like... ever now.
    Run with someone who can out run you and keep up and also run long distances. My platoon commander in MOS school ran us atleast 5-6 miles 3 times a week. And he hauled ass the whole way. Within 2 months i took 4 minutes of my 3 mile time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSKI
    Run with someone who can out run you...
    Thats good advice for about anything from running to learning a profession. Train with somebody better than yourself, its enlightening. If they share helpfull advice buy them a Gatorade.

--->Dave

1.5 Mile: 9:31
    Pull Ups: 13
    Crunches: Like around 100 I think...

Poolee/DEP Free Member rotc4not's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Flex: 70+ secs
    crunches: 100+
    1.5 mile: 12:30

Ok this is my advise don't over do it, enjoy your youth PT is good PTing every day running your body into the ground is pointless My advice is PT 3 times a week and enjoy your life trust me if you come in strong they will find you weakness anyway. We had this recruit who no **** could proabally bench 300 atleast. The DI made him lean against a stantion the only contact bieng an Ink stick 5 minutes he was crying like a little *****.

My first 'official' pool function.

Pull-ups 14
    Crunches 84
    1.5 Mile run 8:04

At our RSS we do pool functions every 3rd Saturday.

that run time is going to be closer to a 20 min 3 mile... you should be able to hit 7 min for a good solid 18 min run time.

crunches... you should try doing incline with a weight... it'll make your crunches easier... just remember this part of the PFT is to determine your ENDURANCE nothing else.... so make sure you do them until you puke or something less messy.

your pull-ups are good, you'll improve in boot camp to where you'll get 20 before you're done... just remember that if you start to plateau you need to break it up a bit by switching grips or widening your grip to break through that flat spot.

good luck kid... when do you ship out?

Pull-ups 10
    Crunches 60
    1.5 Mile 12:17

I think my 1.5 would be a lot lower if I didnt smoke...

It's all mental I believe. I did a PFT this week, my run time dropped a minute, I blame it on smoking as well, trying to quit, but very hard to that.

Thread Information