Pool Function - IST scores. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Wow Hurricane, I thought you were a fatbody.

Hey, hey. I was, just concentrated on loosing weight. and to some point I'm still am a Fatbody, or at least by Marine Corps standards.

I'm 225, my Ship-weight is 213. I'm waiverable at 223.

My pool function last week results:

11:29 1.5 miles
    15 Pull ups
    100 situps

Really focusing on getting my pullups and run time down, but I have been running on a treadmill, after reading the first few post Im going to start running on regular concrete. Im also going to try and take the advice on sprinting then jogging then sprinting then jogging. I too am focusing on getting a perfect score on each section of the PFT.

Treadmills won't cut it. I've been running on a freaking treadmill before going to boot camp. After I got out, I couldn't run a mile on a treadmill without getting tired but I could run a 3 mile in the streets with no problem. If I were you, I'd stick to running on trails or the streets.

Wow, I'm freaking motovated right now.
    My last IST was 6 Pullups (Close grip), 99 sittups, and 11:08 on the 1.5 mile.

We just did another one today:
    9 Pullups (Wide grip, and I had already done 3 max sets b/c I didn't know were doing an IST)
    118 Sittups
    10:47 on the 1.5 mile

That was in less than 2 months and I really haven't been running that much.
    To anyone having trouble with their fitness, just keep working on it, and it WILL improve.

Last months IST scores:

Pull ups: 12
    Sit ups: 87
    1.5 mile Run: 11:10

Yesterdays scores:
    Pull Ups: 10 (should have gotten 14 but I guess I wasnt going down all the way a few times)
    Sit Ups: 85
    1.5 Mile Run: 10:07 seconds

Lowered my run time by a full minute and 3 seconds. Although my other scores went down, my running is what im most concerned about. Its just rewarding to actually see improvement.

My IST right now is:

Pull ups: 9
    Sit ups: 117
    1.5 run: 8:46

RJ your doin great bro! wish you were at my poolee functions! me an you would have a blast running together! No one in the DEP where I'm at right now is even close to my running time! so its no competition!

Last function (11/17)

Run: 10:00 (though I clocked the distance at 1.3 online)
    Situps: 95 (I thought it was 85, but my counter said I was wrong)
    Pullups: 13

The numbers seem about right. I haven't really run since school started so that surprised me. I really need to start doing that to condition my legs so I don't get shin splints. I haven't been working out the past couple weeks which is actually probably why I beat my pullup record, and I had been working like crazy on my situps and gained about 35-40 since I last did those.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb
    Last function (11/17)

Run: 10:00 (though I clocked the distance at 1.3 online)
    Situps: 95 (I thought it was 85, but my counter said I was wrong)
    Pullups: 13

The numbers seem about right. I haven't really run since school started so that surprised me. I really need to start doing that to condition my legs so I don't get shin splints. I haven't been working out the past couple weeks which is actually probably why I beat my pullup record, and I had been working like crazy on my situps and gained about 35-40 since I last did those.

Mike

That ain't to bad really (ur pretty well rounded)... lucky... you can get 13 pull ups! I hate when ppl beat me... lol

Quote Originally Posted by kelley26
    My IST right now is:

Pull ups: 9
    Sit ups: 117
    1.5 run: 8:46

RJ your doin great bro! wish you were at my poolee functions! me an you would have a blast running together! No one in the DEP where I'm at right now is even close to my running time! so its no competition!
    Yeah I slowed down just a bit. I'm starting to concentrate on running 18:00 minutes 3 miles now. Running 5 miles a day and then I hump with a 50lbs pack for 6 miles to keep in shape on Fridays. Rest and Recovery on Sat & Sun

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Yeah I slowed down just a bit. I'm starting to concentrate on running 18:00 minutes 3 miles now. Running 5 miles a day and then I hump with a 50lbs pack for 6 miles to keep in shape on Fridays. Rest and Recovery on Sat & Sun
    your training pretty damn hard. I need to start humping. i got a pretty decent pack my dad got from blackwater for me. its a blackhawk... What do you put in your pack sand bags or what?

I absolutly must start running again. I also need to get back to lifting. I have no excuse for either, other than I have been lazy the past couple weeks.

The biggest issue is running though, I get shin splints like crazy if I dont build up carefully. Getting thrown into a lot of running in boot could have me in MRP. It being freezing cold has really discouraged me from running, and once snow hits the ground I am going to have to head for an indoor track (my legs can't take treadmills).

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kelley26
    your training pretty damn hard. I need to start humping. i got a pretty decent pack my dad got from blackwater for me. its a blackhawk... What do you put in your pack sand bags or what?
    I put a bunch of clothes in it, then I put 45lbs weight in the pack. It's tough when I first starter, after I would get finished, my body still want to lean forward and I could sprint 10x faster.

IST scores from 11/17

1 1/2 Mi: 10:14
    Pull ups: 24
    Sit ups 72

Way to go marinepooly1361, how did you get your pullups so high?

Latest scores:
    crunches 88
    pull ups 13
    1 1/2 mile 12:22

Thread Information