Advise For Bootcamp..?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh, yeah and futuremarine4x. Expect the unexpected, don't let the what if's spook you and try to learn all you can while working out!

A little camouflage paint on the face never hurts either....you can pm me with it

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2Run
    Well my best friend just graduated rom MCRDPI friday, and has given me ALOT of helpful hints. He keeps telling me im going to be a Third Phase in First Phase. But some helpful hints he gave me is to for one make sure you can do your IST ect. even if you can pass it keep training!! He also suggested to study your bible before you leave. make sure you have your rankings, general orders, and things like that down. On your first night DONT sleep under your covers. Dont drink milk except on sundays.

Never volunteer for anything. examples he gave me is his SDI asked if anyone knew how to Iron. my buddy said he knew how to a little, and ended up ironing 72 blouses. Never back talk. Not even if your right. Just let it go. Also make sure you tell your family and friends to not try and sneak things through the mail for you. such as candy or things like that. But fruity cough drops are welcomed. Here are some of the things. Im sure Everyone can agree and add on to these.

Hope this helps!
    lol you forget your best friend will probably be the one sending great letters to you in bootcamp getting you some quality IT time...

But regarding the ironing I have a good story for you on that this is a real story happened to me.

There was some special somethign for recruits on xmas day where they watched a movie i have no diea the whole depot went except me. My job was to edge dress every single recruits shoes for series commander inspection. I WAS ****ED... Felt singled out, felt like I had messed up. Was ****ed because the other recruits couldn't do their own.

Anyways after 79 pairs of dress shoes, probably on the 69th (not sure but like the number) I wasnt the best edge dresser as the ones before. Basically 2 recruits shoes had edge dressing on the actual heal of the shoe from tryign tof insih towards the end. What do you think happened? Yup, that's right I was yelled at and you know why? Everything I thought was about myself and I was being punished for something and didnt take the task at hand to do perfectly flawlessly without error. I was even told the reason I was instructed to do this was because my ydress shoes were the most squared away. Basically I ended up feeling like ****. It wasnt me being in trouble it was something I could do to help out the others. That's when I learned; We do things for others and sacrifice our well being for others and only hope they will do it for you even to the smallest thing we rely on everyone if you understand it or not.

So think about what I just wrote if/when you are asked to volunteer in bootcamp, and the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    A little camouflage paint on the face never hurts either....you can pm me with it

hahaha,

i tried to reply in the other post in the Ask a Marine forums, but couldnt

I have a recent picture from hunting, that is just a picture of me in my face paint and when i read that i started to bust out laughing

so do i get the ten points you were talking about???

But Future Marine,

basically, running is always a good thing to do, it builds up stamina, and endurance

work on your arm hang to. you look like your in great shape, so building muscle would probably come easy

quote=LeonardLawrence]wookie,
    Saw the post, didn't reply. I am currently on the run from the chimp. Whatever you do,. DONT TRY THIS!

It will not prepare you mentally, it will only terrify you and give you PTSD....
    It may however prepare you physically. OMG, here they come....I am out of here![/quote]

You can always count on Leonard to join the party, good Marine! I saw a 1st Sgt that got all messed up in the Philippines after he threw some rocks at wild monkeys hanging out in the dumpster, they told us not to do it (throw rocks or anything at the wild monkeys), of course being a good Marine PFC and LCpl's we all did. But a 1st Sgt? I guess he didn't run fast enough, ha ha ha ha

What's that bit about not sleeping under the covers your first night about?

If you sleep on top of your bedding you won't have to make the rack in the morning.

I only slept under the blankets on nights that we were turning in laundry the following day.

Pancho liners will keep you plenty warm, then you wake up, put it away, square away your pillow and help other recruits fix their racks because they didn't have the same sense as others.

My DI's weren't having that, you got under the covers, because they had to have fun while we made our racks in the morning. They also went around at night sometimes and flipped guys out of their racks while they were sleeping, to teach us to sleep light. Man, I heard some guys hit the deck from a dead sleep hard, must have hurt. haha, sleep light GI

I'll make sure I pick a Top-bunk. Really don't want to be flipped.

RJ, they dumped guys from the top rack too. Why would they discriminate?

The point they made, and believe me find Hale on this site and ask him, was sent home loud and clear, like roger that.

Sleep light my friend, but don't worry RJ, I went to boot camp a couple days ago and my DI's, well they were different. But I'd still sleep light. Because you never know when Bat Man is coming out of the Bat Cave (DI Sgt. James aka Bat Man, The Whiskey Locker aka the Bat Cave)

One, two, three, four, I love the Marine Corps!

We didn't have a choice other than to get under the blanket. We also didn't get to pick a top or bottom rack- it isn't boy scout camp.

And, the beds being how they are, when one gets flipped everyone in it is going over. I took the trip from the top rack a few times- and I have never learned how to be a light sleeper. It is a rather unpleasant way to wake up!

Yeah, a Marine who just got back from the Island said that one Recruit was flipped from the top bunk and he fell and broke his arm.

They tried to give him an entry level-discharge but he ended up with a Medical.

I've fell out of a top bunk before plenty of times. Believe me, I know what it is like hitting the deck from a deep sleep. You don't feel the pain at first but your sure to watch yourself next time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    NOBODY EVER MESSED WITH MY BEAUTY SLEEP,,,,The rest of the 26 hours were theirs.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Yeah, a Marine who just got back from the Island said that one Recruit was flipped from the top bunk and he fell and broke his arm.

So did you actually touch this guy, or just hear the story?

Flipped? Broken arm? Discharged?

There's more to it. Somebody would've got busted here.

I call BS. Prove me wrong.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ

So did you actually touch this guy, or just hear the story?

Flipped? Broken arm. Discharged?

There's more to it. Somebody would've got busted here.

I call BS. Prove me wrong.

I wasn't talking to this Marine, I was just overhearing the conversation between him and my NCOIC. He is at MCT now. Didn't ask anymore question as it was none of my business.

Thread Information