Advise For Bootcamp..?? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Let me give the kind reminder. Proper grammar is strictly enforced with Poolees on this site.
    X2.

Good luck with everything. I'm sure if you really want it you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMarine4X
    You All Are Great And Than You Alot For The Advise Reading All This Makes Me Feel Alot Better And Eve More Excited For All This Bot Camp Is Still Scary But I Think Bout Whats Going To Happen When I Get Out And Mannn Its Gonna Be Awesome, Im Going To Start Going The The Ymca Ever Day Early And Gonna Work Out Alot Alot So I Can Be As Ready As I Can Be!!

Wookie Ur Really Funny Have Me Crackin Up A Few Times Haha Keep It Up I Love To Laugh (that Will Be My Downfall In Boot Camp Cause I Never Ever Stop Smileing Fareal It Dont Go Away :-o)
    TRANSLATION:

You are all great and thank you a lot for the advice. Reading all of this makes me feel a lot better and even more excited for all of this. Boot Camp is still scary, but I think about what's going to happen when I get out and, man, it's going to be awesome. I'm going to start going to the YMCA and going to work out a lot, so I can be as ready as I can be!

You All Are Great And Than You Alot For The Advise Reading All This Makes Me Feel Alot Better And Eve More Excited For All This Bot Camp Is Still Scary But I Think Bout Whats Going To Happen When I Get Out And Mannn Its Gonna Be Awesome, Im Going To Start Going The The Ymca Ever Day Early And Gonna Work Out Alot Alot So I Can Be As Ready As I Can Be!!

Wookie Ur Really Funny Have Me Crackin Up A Few Times Haha Keep It Up I Love To Laugh (that Will Be My Downfall In Boot Camp Cause I Never Ever Stop Smileing Fareal It Dont Go Away :-o)
    Good job, find the humor in things and it helps with your aneixty also. Everyone has or had the same fears as you at some time, to some extent. If you really want it, all you have to do is make it happen. Nice update on the pic, try some crunches, just kidding,,,,, really, good job and say hello to the village people

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    its called being short sheeted.. we did that to someone in our platoon was the funniest **** i have seen wel not the funniest but it's damn near close
    Would you be so kind as to explain "Short Sheeted" ?

LoL Hey im not chunky its cause im in a weird position..lol hahahhahah but yea ima work on them neways thanks for the tip :-D....

Credits
    Savings
    LoL Hey im not chunky its cause im in a weird position..lol hahahhahah but yea ima work on them neways thanks for the tip :-D....
    I'm lost again!! What in the hell does this say????

Sorry im used to typeing to my friends. So i get caught up in how i talk to them. Im going to stop and start writing right. Hahaha

I have another question

I hear so many different things on what to bring with you. I hear u cant bring anything with you. Also that you can bring things. Im confused i dont know which one is right. Can somone tell me if i can bring things or not and what to bring. please n thanks

Good luck here's my best wishes and advice to you,,

Make sure you bring your ID 10 T with you. Ask your recruiter for one before you leave.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Short Sheet is .... take a single sheet and fold it end to end then make a perfect miltiary rack with it as though it was two sheets. The fold is under the blanket and ends up being less than half of the total length of the rack. Trying to get in the rack amounts to trying to get into a pillow case because there is no where for your feet to go.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    Make sure you bring your ID 10 T with you. Ask your recruiter for one before you leave.
    Or a box of grid squares maybe?

This article provides a pretty good overview of bootcamp to me. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...arinebasic.htm

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    just what should i do about that cause like i said im rather emotional
    Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive!

I hear so many different things on what to bring with you. I hear u cant bring anything with you. Also that you can bring things. Im confused i dont know which one is right. Can somone tell me if i can bring things or not and what to bring. please n thanks
    Basically, to my understanding, what you bring with you is, your ID/birth certificate/whatever official stuff your recruiter said to bring, the clothes you're wearing, and maybe some emergency money. Don't bring too much money because you have to write down the serial numbers for each and every bill.

The list of "don't bring" is much longer than the list of "do bring". Don't bring a cell phone, any weapons, fireworks, explosives, drugs, alchohol, and stuff like that. Your recruiter can provide you with a comprehensive list of what not to bring.

Credits
    Savings
    You're recruiter should give you the run down on anything you are allowed to bring, females are slightly different than males. Basically what you have to worry about bringing is an unwavering desire to be a Marine, everything else will take care of itself. Bootcamp is all about the attitude you bring with you not what's in your suitcase (by the way suitcases are optional).

Thread Information