Recruit needs mail!
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Recruit needs mail!

It has come to my attention that there is a recruit on Parris Island that has very little, or no, mail coming to him. He is at the Range this week but he has the third phase yet. I think we should take the time to let him know that he is not alone, that we support him.

Any one, Marine or Poolee/wannabe,that wants to write this Recruit, PM me and I will forward his name and address to ya. Thanks for making this recruits life a little more pleasant.

Semper Fi.

Pass it on Cpl.

I'd love to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    Any one, Marine or Poolee/wannabe,that wants to write this Recruit, PM me and I will forward his name and address to ya. Thanks for making this recruits life a little more pleasant.

Semper Fi.
    Attention to detail hard chargers!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks to all of you that PM'd me about his recruit. I hope that you all remember to keep it professional and motivating. He will truly be surprised to get all this mail for the rest of his training. Thanks again and Semper Fi!

davblay,
    Thanks for keeping on top of these devil-hopefuls and giving us the chance to motivate the next generation!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    davblay,
    Thanks for keeping on top of these devil-hopefuls and giving us the chance to motivate the next generation!
    I was one of those recruites that didn't get much mail when I was in Boot Camp! I understand what it is to have mail call and not get mail. I swore that if I ever knew of any recruit that was in that situation, that I would write him/her every week. I don't know these recruits, but they enjoy getting that letter, reading that note from some one, anyone, that's on the outside of tose gates. I send motivation, a lot of it I copy and past from Jinelsons posts here on this site. If/when they do write me and ask specific questions, then I write them a personal letter to answer them.

It is my humble opinion that we, as the old generation, should consider that these recruits are the future of your beloved Corps! These fine young men and women, are fighting our battles now in this war. We owe it to them to support them in anyway possible. I know they will never know me, but I also know that maybe---just maybe, some tof them will remember these letters from a stranger while they were in Boot Camp, and will write to some poor recruit in the future, hence, the chain will not be broken. We are the Old Corps, some older than others, but we are the Older Brothers and Sisters of the Corps, and it's our duty, no pleasure, to helpm these people.

Thanks to you and all the Marines that take the time to help these poolees. I know they appreciate it, I know I would ahve in my day if I had, had the internet!

Semper Fi

Dave

PS---thanks for doing the poll, I will be watching it closely.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    davblay,
    I was one of those recruits that didn't get much mail when I was in Boot Camp! I understand what it is to have mail call and not get mail. I swore that if I ever knew of any recruit that was in that situation, that I would write him/her every week. I don't know these recruits, but they enjoy getting that letter, reading that note from some one, anyone, that's on the outside of those gates. I send motivation, a lot of it I copy and past from Jinelsons posts here on this site. If/when they do write me and ask specific questions, then I write them a personal letter to answer them.

It is my humble opinion that we, as the old generation, should consider that these recruits are the future of your beloved Corps! These fine young men and women, are fighting our battles now in this war. We owe it to them to support them in anyway possible. I know they will never know me, but I also know that maybe---just maybe, some of them will remember these letters from a stranger while they were in Boot Camp, and will write to some poor recruit in the future, hence, the chain will not be broken. We are the Old Corps, some older than others, but we are the Older Brothers and Sisters of the Corps, and it's our duty, no pleasure, to help these people.

Thanks to you and all the Marines that take the time to help these poolees. I know they appreciate it, I know I would have in my day if I had, had the internet!

Semper Fi

Dave

PS---thanks for doing the poll, I will be watching it closely.

I would like to have his address keep him motavated

Thread Information