Advise For Bootcamp..??
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Advise For Bootcamp..??

Well im samantha and im 18 years old my cousin (male) just got back from boot camp this month he said it was so hard but in the end he loved it n was really glad he did it. ive been thinking alot and i want to go i'll leave in may because i want to prepare my self the best i can. im going to collage now but after this semester im going to stop going and work out every day tell i have to leave in may

Someone please tell me the best things i should to do prepare my self physically

And tell me what should i do mentally because im an emotional girl lol my self esteem is already low so yea haha, just what should i do about that cause like i said im rather emotional

I really want to do this im so excited the more i think bout it but im terrified about boot camp ive been reading stories by former female marines in boot camp n i know its gonna be hell but im still scared

So someone answer thoes 2 questions for me please and tell me ne more advise that i should do to prepare my self...THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH <3 SAMANTHA

Reading is Your Best Tool...since this has been answered over and over.

Ellie

it's mental.. the goal is to break youdown remove the nastiness that society has made you an individual and think of yourself. They instill Marine values, beliefs, ideals and history. That is what bootcamp is to make you a Marine and it can be tough for people who take the time to realize that it's not you who messes up it's the platoon. If you keep the idea of being an individual throughout bootcamp it will make it tougher.. Just realize what they are doing is to change your thinking from I I I to us us us. As the whole is what matters not one person.

You don't look out of shape to me, what's the problem? You're emotional, what girl/women isn't? I have two sisters and two neices, tell me about it. Don't worry,,talk to your cuz and he'll tell you it's all mental. They want to get into your head and break you down, take the nastiness out of you. Listen to killer. Make you a Marine. The best thing for you to do to prepare physically, is sweat. Any way you can, if you're sweating you're doing something good. To prepare mentally, you can go to the zoo and hold a banana in front of the chimps cage when the door's open. The chimp will chase you, it will be a mental trip.

There are many, many good things a person can do to try and prepare for bootcamp.

If you train hard and get your physical capabilities up to where you can pass or do well on the final PFT before you even go, then that will give you confidence which will transfer over into the other things you do. This is because by training so hard and having prepared so much you will have ingrained in yourself the belief that you have done all you can to prepare yourself for the biggest challenge in your life. Knowledge of this will give you confidence and that will add to your self esteem.

You can also prepare yourself for life in the Marine Corps by reading and learning as much as you can about it. Doing this will make you anticipate and look forward to just how awesome it is going to be once you graduate bootcamp and become a Marine. That will give you a goal to set and keep you motivated throughout bootcamp as you know what you are looking forward to. This website is an excellent place to begin learning abouy the Marine Corps. Reading just about every thread on this website will help out a lot. The knowledge you have gained will give you even more confidence and help you believe that being a Marine is what you want, and what you will make happen.

Regular contact with your recruiter will help as well, as you can ask any questions that you might have of him, in addition to asking the Marines on this site. If there is a DEP PT in your area, I highly suggest attending. Not just for the exercise benefits, but I have found it very motivational with everyone else there, all working towards the same goal you are.

Of course, be absolutely certain that becoming a Marine is what you want to do with your life. There are people with whom it is just a passing fancy, or just a phase, and then they wimp out when their time has come.

At least, I hope all this stuff works because that's what I've been doing. :P

I just graduated friday and the best advice that I can give you physically is be sure that you can at least pass the PFT before you go and as for mentally each person takes that aspect differently, the best advice I can give you for that is remember its just a "game" and only temporary and just keep pushing no matter what if you have any other questions feel free to mail me.

Credits
    Savings
    As long as you go to Parris Island with an unwavering desire to be a Marine there isn't anything that can stop you, even your own emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070
    As long as you go to Parris Island with an unwavering desire to be a Marine there isn't anything that can stop you, even your own emotions.
    to add into that as my mom always told me, "Emotions are like treasures; So bury them"

I'm going to disagree slightly with the poolee and new PFC. Don't go to boot camp doing OK on the PFT. Passing should never be the goal of a Marine. Shoot for a perfect score, because Marines always strive to be the best. Training to be the best will serve two purposes for you. First, it will prepare you to meet the physical challenge of boot camp. Second, it will give you confidence in your self and your abilities.

On top of that, just spend some time here. Make friends with the poolees and Marines. Just about everything you could ever need to know is already on these pages- and we'll be happy to answer questions more fully whatever is needed to help you on your journey.

why's everyone always happy with the minumum?

I see nobody really liked my banana idea routine? I was eating one earlier today when I read this and there was a story on TV about some chimps getting loose. I thought I made a funny, ha ha.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    you went on one of your own mental trips again wookie - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well my best friend just graduated rom MCRDPI friday, and has given me ALOT of helpful hints. He keeps telling me im going to be a Third Phase in First Phase. But some helpful hints he gave me is to for one make sure you can do your IST ect. even if you can pass it keep training!! He also suggested to study your bible before you leave. make sure you have your rankings, general orders, and things like that down. On your first night DONT sleep under your covers. Dont drink milk except on sundays.

Never volunteer for anything. examples he gave me is his SDI asked if anyone knew how to Iron. my buddy said he knew how to a little, and ended up ironing 72 blouses. Never back talk. Not even if your right. Just let it go. Also make sure you tell your family and friends to not try and sneak things through the mail for you. such as candy or things like that. But fruity cough drops are welcomed. Here are some of the things. Im sure Everyone can agree and add on to these.

Hope this helps!

Wookie, somehow I managed to miss your comment the first time through. I think you may have stumbled on an alternative to PCP- just get some great apes at MCRD and let them get the recruits into shape!

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    I see nobody really liked my banana idea routine? I was eating one earlier today when I read this and there was a story on TV about some chimps getting loose. I thought I made a funny, ha ha.
    Hey Sergeant, I thought I'd return your ID to you. HAHA

wookie,
    Saw the post, didn't reply. I am currently on the run from the chimp. Whatever you do,. DONT TRY THIS!

It will not prepare you mentally, it will only terrify you and give you PTSD....
    It may however prepare you physically. OMG, here they come....I am out of here!

Thread Information