This Means War
Create Post

Thread: This Means War

This Means War

This Means War
    by: Jonathan David Morris | Archives
    email: jdm@readjdm.com

Sometimes you just want to punch a protester in the mouth. It doesn't necessarily matter which protester, either. It's an equal-opportunity urge. The first one you find will suffice. They've pretty much all got some shutting up to do.

It sounds a bit drastic, I know, but I'd be lying if I told you I haven't felt the itch. I've no intentions of scratching it, mind you, but I have, indeed, felt it more times than I care to recall. If you're a hawk, then you've probably felt it, too. That's what a long, drawn-out debate about a "rush to war" does to us. It only makes us angrier than we were when the war was first proposed. We know that hitting solves everything, and delaying the inevitable only makes us want to prove it.

You can't just go around punching protestors, though. Or let me rephrase that: You can go around punching protestors, but I wouldn't recommend it. They want you to punch them, after all. They want you to prove you're a brute. So, it's worth restraining yourself just to keep them guessing.

The truth, of course, is most doves are as militant as hawks. It's just that they act less like birds and more like horses -- the Trojan brand, if you will. That they won't admit it only makes coexistence all the more maddening. Holding back on the dude with the Bush-as-Hitler poster isn't exactly easy, I mean. Same goes for the jerk who says Cheney, Rumsfeld and Ashcroft are the Axis of Evil. Oh, and when someone says "No Blood For Oil"? That's the worst. That's when the urge to punch these people really kicks in. The way I figure, if you can restrain yourself during chants of "No Blood For Oil," then you're twice as peaceful as they'll ever be.

And that's my point.

The peaceniks have been goading the warmongers for months and months now, nearly without end. Somehow, however, so-called warmongers such as myself have managed to show restraint. It's almost enough to make you wonder if we're really warmongers at all. Go figure.

But it's just when we're ready to pat ourselves on the back and shrug our shoulders that the anti-warriors go and do something so unthinkable that you just end up wanting to punch them again -- such as senselessly destroying a September 11th memorial. That's what they did last week in al-Qalifornia, in case you haven't heard. Ordinary folks in Whittier had constructed a makeshift monument in the immediate aftermath of the terrorist attacks, and last week some thugs tore it down. Just like that.

Now, I don't know about you, but this is where I draw the line.

Those of us who actually care about America have put up with the anti-war crowd for a long time now, and I think we've been pretty fair in so doing. We've tried our damnedest to accept their differences in opinion. We've gone the extra mile -- and another couple of miles on top of the extra mile -- just to show we're sensitive to all sides of the issue. We've constantly redrawn the aforementioned line. We've been reasonable to a fault. But if there was ever any question who the peaceniks fight for, the Whittier incident made it clear that they're not on our side.

So, feel free to draw either of the following conclusions:
    (1) The protestors can't comprehend the threat we're under; or
    (2) They simply don't care.

I'm going with No. 2: They simply don't care.

It would be easy to accuse them of ignorance and pass it off as nothing more. Yet it runs deeper than that. These people simply refuse to acknowledge what America's done for them. The freedoms so cherished by our nation's founders are freedoms the protestors won't fight for. In fact, they fight America when she tries to share those freedoms with the rest of the world.

Our liberty was not built in a day. It is the living, breathing result of so many American generations having shed so much blood. Mohamed Atta tried to knock that all down. The anti-war faction doesn't seem too concerned about someone coming along to finish the job. They say if we make nice, the bogeymen will go away. The world doesn't work like that, however, and at this point I'm convinced that
    they know it. Again, though, they don't care.

As much as I don't want to turn this into a discussion of partisan politics, and as much as I believe such talk is trite in a time of imminent war, it's hard to ignore the anti-American trash that the far Left's been spewing the last few months. Look at Sen. Patty Murray commending Usama bin Laden for building roads in third world countries. Look at Rep. Marcy Kaptur comparing al-Qaeda to colonial Americans. Look at ex-attorney general Ramsey Clark calling Jesus a terrorist or Rep. James Moran blaming the war on American Jews. Look at the Pledge of Allegiance getting tossed out of classrooms, the Ten Commandments being treated like curse words, and the yearly assaults on Christmas displays.

Communism necessitates the absence of religion. Meanwhile, most of these anti-war rallies are organized by a front for the Workers World Party. There is an obvious undercurrent here. Do the math. It adds up pretty quickly.

Just as the Islamic extremists wage jihad on Western interests, so, too, does the far Left lead a Holy War against the Judeo-Christian foundation of this country. Saddest of all, Americans are by and large a peaceful people, and many have therefore been duped by the charade.

In light of what happened in Whittier, it's time that charade comes to a close.

I understand that thoughtful _expression is an American institution, but it's an institution our enemies want to destroy. If war protestors are willing to massacre a September 11th memorial, then, like I said before, they either don't get it or just don't care. Either way, their actions speak louder than their words, and we'll see in the coming weeks if they're willing to turn on our soldiers like they did in Vietnam. If they do, then let it be known that our enemies aren't just abroad but also within -- that all bets are off, that this means war.

When we're done with Iraq, Iran, North Korea and France, America will have some serious introspection to tend to. Don't be surprised if it turns ugly. It won't take a punch in the face. The Whittier incident shows us a simple slap will do.

Sempers,

Roger

"Support Our Troops"

United We Stand
    God Bless America

Remember our POW/MIA's
    I'll never forget!

I dont like protester my self i feel if they dont like America leave then go to some other Country and Protest freedom is not free to many US Service man have paid the a high price above and beyond the call of duty and everytime i hear about Prorester it just make me sick

Sempers Fi

Thread Information