Failure to ship discharge
Create Post

Failure to ship discharge

can i get in the Marine Corps if i got failure to ship discharge from the Army National Guard?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

One thing only you can answer.

Why didn't you ship for the Army?

they found out i have asthma but there not medically discharging me the only reason there failure to ship discharging me is so that in 6 months from the date discharged i can get back in the army

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Honorable
    General (Under Honorable Conditions)
    Other than honorable
    Bad Conduct
    Dishonorable

Medical

There are 5 types of discharges that all service veterans receive and a sixth one that is a medical under honorable conditions or Medically retired under honorable conditions.

I am not understanding a "Failure to ship discharge" in the Marine Corps that is UA and the army AWOL and one is given Article 31 under the UCMJ or a court martial. Explain yourself in clarifying depth.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

I am not getting it either Phantom Blooper

I had a sucessful tour on recruiting and never heard of anything like this. My BS detector went off. Sounds like a BS story to me??? I could be wrong but I am with you Phantom.

If you would like to go Marine, you need to get a doctor to take a look at your results, also now the burden is on you to get qualified. Did you know that you had asthma?

I have a lot of questions. So why don't you just tell us the entire story and start at the real beginning.

they have not discharged me yet they are doing it this week and its going to be AWOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images

What do you mean AWOL?

This is universal for Absent Without Leave?

Might I suggest an opportunity in the civilian sector?

i went to rsp drill and started coughing after pt and my corporal told me to bring him my medical records. He sent them down to MEPS and they sent me a letter a couple weeks later saying i was medically disqualified for military service so i was under the impression i was getting medical discharged but i was told today by the sergeant that is discharging me that he was discharging me for being AWOL so i could go back in the military in 6 months. I never shipped to basic.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Well I am totaly confused

the way the Army does things. Maybe yesyouam has the correct answer? I don't understand the AWOL part at all. The fact that you didn't ship, go to drills, what?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    According to NGR (National Guard Regulations) He should be released from DEP for a medical disqualification. However your local unit may think they are doing you a favor by using AWOL as a reason ( an old ploy to avoid paperwork). This will never fly by the State personnel Officers desk, I wouldn't think! If it does---I want to move to that state and enlist myself! If the unit is trying to get around the regs, then they are not very professional! This is not doing you a favor! It is setting you up to fail later on down the line as you will have to disclose asthma to MEPS during your enlistment process. It's called fraudulant enlistment if you fail to disclose any medical problems you have, or think you may have, had.

My advise-----sit down with a recruiter, yours or the Corps, and discuss everything! Don't leave out anything. Then go from there! We old salts just don't have all the information we'd need to give you any other advise.

Good luck with your future.

Thread Information