Do most MOS's open up in OCT 1
Create Post

Do most MOS's open up in OCT 1

Hi, I am a poolee who is trying to get a job in aviation. Is it true that most of the jobs open up in the week of OCT 1. If so, would they be open today or should I wait until later in the week to see if the MOS's are open..

The new fiscal year starts October 1st, which would mean job openings would be available (from my understanding they actually "open" earlier), but it does not necessarily mean that a job in aviation is open, although it would be a safe bet to assume so.

No better way to find out then to ask your recruiter.

KBS is right, my Infantry job came in a couple of weeks before Oct. 1.

If you want Aviation, goto your recruiter and get it, ask them to put in a job request for you and sign the piece of paper with your MOS on it.

Do it now, take the initative and get everything straight.

yep,im going 2111 got a call from my recruiter telling me he got me a slot,and i gotta go down there to sign the paper.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Young Men........it's called MOS (Military Occupational Specialty.

JOB (Junk on the bunk) if they still have them.
    Or an after school, summer or a civilian job.

The Marine Corps is a lifestyle..although you may get an MOS of 0730-1630 the Marine Corps and your MOS is a 24-7-365 DUTY!

The title Marine stays to the grave and beyond!

If you just are looking for a job they are a dime a dozen on the block!

I would worry about getting through boot camp if I were you. I hope you Poolee's are not in the mind set that all recruits make it. They dont. Dont believe me? Ask your recruiter for the stats,

Have fun Ladys

To add on what the Cpl. said.

I got a chance to look at the 6th Marine Corps Districts sucess rate for recruits going to Parris Island.

Only 66% of recruits graduated.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think it opened up today, I was just at the office to lock mine in and PT... Happens that my Recruiter and the SNCOIC were not there today. I am going there tomorrow to do that ASAP.

I want the 2111 MOS also. So my recruiter is coming on Wendsday and we are writing my MOS choice's in stone.

To what the corporal said, they never do talk about the people that don't make it. But as a PFC told me once, Basic is a mind...well y'know. So while it certainly helps to be in top physcal shape, it's more important to be mentally fit because the DI's are trained to rip us apart only to rebuild us as Marines. Those who aren't mentally and physically fit will be cut and forgotten by the Marine Corps forever.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    To add on what the Cpl. said.

I got a chance to look at the 6th Marine Corps Districts sucess rate for recruits going to Parris Island.

Only 66% of recruits graduated.

I read that the Marine Corp has had a pretty steady attrition rate of only 14% for the last 30 some odd years

If only 66% of Recruits made it, that would mean 1 in 3 couldnt hack it, and if a platoon is say 63 recruits, then 21 of them fail, 3 platoons in a company thats a whole platoon that fails, and that is a really high number

Your reading it wrong. Thats the 6th Marine Corps District. Not the numbers of everyone going to Parris Island.

You still got other districts out there, plus the females that come from the west coast.

That statistic only covers people coming from a few select states. I think the 6h Marine Corps District has 5 states out of 50?

Your reading it wrong. Thats the 6th Marine Corps District. Not the numbers of everyone going to Parris Island.

You still got other districts out there, plus the females that come from the west coast.

That statistic only covers people coming from a few select states. I think the 6h Marine Corps District has 5 states out of 50?

WOOOAHH!!! Internet really ****ed that one up!

Moderator please delete those uwanted post.

gotcha,

**pays attention to detail**kicks self in ass**

Thread Information