Marine Corps Uniforms
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Corps Uniforms

More trivia/information for poolees:

Examples of the Marine Corps Uniforms can be found at:
    http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...orm_plates.htm

However, these pictures don't distinguish the names for each variation. The only uniforms with variants are the Blue and Service uniforms. The key to remember is that the Alpha uniform of each is most formal and gets less formal as we go from Bravo to Delta.

Service Alpha
    Green trousers, Long Sleeve Khaki Blouse with tie, Green Coat with Ribbons and Badges.

Service Bravo
    Green trousers, Long Sleeve Khaki Blouse with tie, with Ribbons, badges optional.

Service Charlie
    Green trousers, Short Sleeve Khaki Blouse, with Ribbons, badges optional.

Blue Alpha
    Blue trousers, Blue coat, with Ribbons and Medals.

Blue Bravo
    Blue trousers, Blue coat, with Ribbons and Badges

Blue Charlie
    Blue trousers, Long Sleeve Khaki Blouse with tie, with Ribbons, badges optional.

Blue Delta
    Blue trousers, Short Sleeve Khaki Blouse, with Ribbons, badges optional.

Fellow Marines, please feel free to elaborate.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    2 questions:

What are the rules on sleeves up and sleeves down for cammies?
    and
    I've heard differing reports. Are Dress blues being issued at boot or no?

Reports differ because they differ by duty station. The main constants are, summer=sleeves up, winter or in field, sleeves down.

I haven't heard solid confirmation on blues being issued, yet. However, if it were to happen, they would be issued but the cost would be deducted from your pay.

Side note: The proper term for that uniform is Utilities. Can one of the new Marines answer this. Are you still calling them cammies? or insisting on using the term MARPATs?

We always refer to them as cammies. We'll say greens or deserts when it needs to be said. But besides that...cammies.

Quote Originally Posted by SMDPitt
    2 questions:

What are the rules on sleeves up and sleeves down for cammies?
    and
    The rule is simple. If you're in desert cammies roll your sleves. If you're in greens you don't roll them.

I noticed the Sergeant Major insignia is missing from the enlisted chart and the CWO5 insignia is not on the officer chart. Is there a reason for this, or did somebody just make a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by SMDPitt
    2 questions:
    I'm fairly certain they are. The guys that have been coming to visit the pool when they get back from boot camp always tell us how cool it is being able to go everywhere in dress blues the day you get back.

Hey Cpl. Covey Rider. Congrats on the promotion, I don't know if I am a little behind on saying it. But Congrats anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by downey
    I noticed the Sergeant Major insignia is missing from the enlisted chart and the CWO5 insignia is not on the officer chart. Is there a reason for this, or did somebody just make a mistake?

I'm fairly certain they are. The guys that have been coming to visit the pool when they get back from boot camp always tell us how cool it is being able to go everywhere in dress blues the day you get back.
    The SgtMaj exemplar is there as the Green Alpha chevrons. They used SgtMaj of Marine Corps as the exemplar for the Blues chevrons.

CWO5 is no longer granted in the Corps.

Everyone is allowed the option to purchase the Blues so that they can wear them after graduation. However, the question was when they will be issued, meaning everyone is forced to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdncowboy
    Hey Cpl. Covey Rider. Congrats on the promotion, I don't know if I am a little behind on saying it. But Congrats anyways.
    Gangway, boot NCO! Congrats, Corporal. Standby for chevron and bloodstripe pinnings!

Congrats to you Covey, it's hard to believe you're 18, you certainly don't conduct yourself like a teenager. I guess that and your hard work is why the Corps decided to make you an NCO. You deserve it, good job Marine.

Nice going Cpl. Covey. Nice ring to it, can't believe your younger than me. Just shows that your a kick-ass type of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BR03Hopeful
    The rule is simple. If you're in desert cammies roll your sleves. If you're in greens you don't roll them.
    This elaborates more on that....
    http://www.*************/features/0,...144278,00.html

As far as when I think this covers it:
    http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...0the%20Day.txt

I am 99.9% thats the updated regulations, but hopefully a Marine can correct anything those don't cover.

Congrats Cpl. Stam

replace ******** with military dot com.

The latest word that I have heard concerning dress blues. Is that they will start issueing them in boot camp starting 1 Oct. Any Marine that joined before that time that is still serving, will get an increased uniform allowance and it will be mandatory for Marines to purchase a set of blues if they do not already own them.

Thank you everybody on the congradulations...the wet down is going this friday night. Anybody out in oki is free to join! Doubt that there is anybody here on this site that is in oki...but I'll toss it out there anyways. I swear that somebody came into my room overnight and start swinging a baseball bat at my legs...can't explain it lol.

Thread Information