Girlfriends and the Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Girlfriends and the Marines

Hello,

My name is Dan and I have posted on this website a few times before. I am sure you have all been through this with a thousand recruits, but I have a question about my girlfriend and what her place is and all once I join. I am going in as Active Duty. Here is my situation. I have been with this girl for three years now and it does hurt to leave her behind but this is my dream and I am doing it. Although, I wanted to know how, and if it is possible for her to come with me once I am stationed somewhere. Do we have to be married for her to come out to base with me? I am thinking 'yes' but I am not positive. Also, lets say we were married. How long after Boot Camp would it be until she would be able to come live with me and all? What happens if I am stationed in another country. Is she able to come? If anyone can answer any of these questions I would appreciate it so much. I know a lot of you are going to tell me to dump her. LOL. But before it gets to that, I would like to try and make my dream of being a Marine and having the woman I'm in love with both a possibility. Thanks agiain for all of your help and answers you bring to us non-Marines on this website. The day cannot come soon enough for me to be able to put myself in the same catagory as all you Marines.

I'm not a Marine but the military has been part of my life for 21 years now and I can tell you they probably won't let you bring her with you once you enlist unless you two are married. I have friends that have served or still are serving in different branchs of the Service and some of them got married once they graduated Boot or Basic and some got married before then. If you two get married and you get stationed overseas you will be able to bring her with you, that's why I was born in England.

She is welcome to live anywhere she wants, other than on base, as your girlfriend. If you get stationed at Camp Lejeune she could live in Jacksonville with no problems. For you to get base housing to live with her or to get a housing allowance you'll have to be married.

You will be able to live with your wife once you complete MOS training. Integrity is close, but not totally correct. As a senior enlisted Marine you may get an accompanied tour, which means you can take your family with you overseas. As a junior Marine you will not get this. If you get over seas, you will go alone. On the plus side, accompanied tours tend to be about 3 years and unaccompanied tours only one year.

Anyone going to tell him about Jody?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    "Jody, Jody six feet four
    Jody never had his ass kicked before.
    I'm gonna take a three-day pass
    And really slap a beating on Jody's ass!"

I know my girlfriend and I are gonna give it a go. Shes gonna try to find a good college close to where ever I get stationed and live around there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    DAYAM - ANOTHER monitor!

Marine84+++++I have a question for you. What do the WM's call the women who steal the men in your lifes?

I think Jody is asexual Sargent.

I'm thinking that would be susie rotten crotch

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    DAYAM - ANOTHER monitor!
    So does Jody stand for a girl as well for the Female recruits?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    Marine84+++++I have a question for you. What do the WM's call the women who steal the men in your lifes?
    That would be Susie ..................OR skank, ho, b!tch - whatever fits. Usually it's b!tch right before you tell her the Marine she "stole" from you has a teenie weenie or a bad disease that he passed on to you.

I knew this WM (she was a hairdresser before she went in) that was dating a Marine and he started seeing somebody else on the side. Punk should have KNOWN it would get back to the other one. Anyway, he needed a haircut one day and this WM tells him come on up - we set him up a chair on the stoop outside and she went to gappin' this boy's head up something fierce. Of course the rest of us standing around knew what was going on and we never let on that he was getting a REALLY bad cut. He left, went down to the bus stop that was on the other end of the barracks. We ALL went flying down there to that stoop and stood there watching folks go by him and notice his head and laughed like hell! He didn't figure it out until he got in front of a mirror but....................WE had fun with that!

Lesson to be learned here (for all you playas out there)....................DON'T EVER UNDERESTIMATE A WM!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    That would be Susie ..................OR skank, ho, b!tch - whatever fits. Usually it's b!tch right before you tell her the Marine she "stole" from you has a teenie weenie or a bad disease that he passed on to you.

I knew this WM (she was a hairdresser before she went in) that was dating a Marine and he started seeing somebody else on the side. Punk should have KNOWN it would get back to the other one. Anyway, he needed a haircut one day and this WM tells him come on up - we set him up a chair on the stoop outside and she went to gappin' this boy's head up something fierce. Of course the rest of us standing around knew what was going on and we never let on that he was getting a REALLY bad cut. He left, went down to the bus stop that was on the other end of the barracks. We ALL went flying down there to that stoop and stood there watching folks go by him and notice his head and laughed like hell! He didn't figure it out until he got in front of a mirror but....................WE had fun with that!

Lesson to be learned here (for all you playas out there)....................DON'T EVER UNDERESTIMATE A WM!

this is true for all you poolees like your DI's will say WM's are evil say hi talk to them DONT **** EM OR WITH THEM!!!

oh and adressing the post.. if you go 03 it might be a bit harder as if you go to the field it will ahve its toll on ya...

and when you get married you beter hope its good because women go crazy CRAZY!!!! if she seperates you or whatever your BAH goes to her there are some women out there that will just call commands on the 1st and 15th and want their money orand you get in trouble...

I would suggest you just keep dating and let her go to school and stuff and if you choose to split rent then so be it but you still hav eto show up for field days and keep ur room clean etc..

I knew a lot of friends who lived with their girlfriends but had their bks room.. I would put off marriage if its soley that you can remain dating. It will help you in the long run. Plus you going in you might as well see what the world has to offer theres lots of women in those countries but they also see the word sucker and green card on you.

So hope this has inspired you and yup....

HAHA! My dad always said "If the Corps wanted me to have a wife...They would've issued me one!" and now my best friend says "If the Corps wanted me to have a girlfriend...They'd issued me one!" haha My bro on the other hand has tried the whole staying with your girl he's been in for 4 years now and they are still together so if the love is true and strong enough then theres no doubt you can do it even if she can't come live with you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CantWaitToSign
    HAHA! My dad always said "If the Corps wanted me to have a wife...They would've issued me one!" and now my best friend says "If the Corps wanted me to have a girlfriend...They'd issued me one!" haha My bro on the other hand has tried the whole staying with your girl he's been in for 4 years now and they are still together so if the love is true and strong enough then theres no doubt you can do it even if she can't come live with you
    Yeah, I would be willing to bet my house that your brother is sampeling wherever he goes! Ain't nothing wrong with it - don't get me wrong - just tell him don't get an attack of morals and tell on himself.

Thread Information