I Got The First Letter From My Son - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Lmao

These Are Some Good Stories Everyone!

Today My Son Embarks On The Crucible. He Will Be A Full Fledge Marine Upon Completion. I Can't Wait To See Him. As Usmcdrippin Said, They Are Removing The Child And Replacing The Void With A Motivated Man. Well Said. Thank You To All, And Thank You To The United States Marine Corps For Turning My Son Into A Gentleman.

Michael

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Comin Home

My recruit is facing his third surgery in boot and was looking at six straight months in MRP. He decided to come home and have the surgery and med-leave the Marine Corps. It was a very painful decision yet I believe it was the right one.

Good news is that he will ship back to Diego in May and fulfill his dream.

God bless you all and keep the faith in your recruit.

Jim

wow, I hadn't thought about those days until reading this post..lol..my son didn't mention the "pit" as much as being quarter decked(lots of fun doing about every exercise his DI's could possibly think of ) , he watched other guys in the pit but most of his memories were the quarter deck, he said at first he thought he was gonna die doing that and then after several times(he tends to learn the hard way.. )he said it acutally started being good fun to the point where his DI's stopped doing it to him as he was enjoying it too much...those were the letters that were great, knowing he was changing with each day that went by..

We sent in a boy and got a man in return...gotta love it !!

Thread Information