Dependencey Waiver
Create Post

Dependencey Waiver

Hello all i am weighting on a Dependencey waiver to join. I was wondering if any one has delt with them before and knows how long they take and why it would be denied. thanks so much Marines i realy want to be apart of the best fighting force on the face of the earth.

How many Dependents do you have? Are you trying to go active or reserve? These are all factors that would affect the waiver.

I have 2 dependents and i am trying to go active I am a high school grad and i went to UTI ( a automotive tec school ) and graduated that too. i realy want to get in. i have no reccord clean drivers licence no tat's and i am in good shape.

I believe that with 2 dependents you may only be able to go Reserve, but I will do a little research and double check that for you.

I have a friend who was denied re-enlistment due to 2 dependents, he's 24, and he's a Marine.

Check this out, could be the reason why -

http://marinecorpstimes.com/news/201...gates-010611w/

I stand corrected, you are able to enlist Active Duty if you are married with a kid. However it will require a waiver from your Recruiting Station District Office.

Speak with your Recruiter and start gathering all the required documentation that you will need to submit your waiver. The biggest thing you will have to worry about is how your wife will be able to support herself and your child while you are at Recruit Training since you will not be able to send money home.

Thank you all very much for all the info. I am going to MEPS Boston in two days to swear in. This is the most exciting thing that i have ever done. Thanks Marines!!

Just updating incase anyone in the future is in the same situation:

My waiver took only 3 weeks from start to swear in.

Thread Information