Create Post

Thread: 1171

well just finished boot camp and got the MOS 1171 and was wondering where my mos Schooling is and how long it is can any one help me and do you get leave for thanks giving if in trianing alot of people so no then there is some nos what does 1171 do

Welcome home Marine.

Your school is at Camp Lejeune. Chances are you won't get leave- but there will be a 96 around Thanksgiving- as well as the Birthday/Veterans Day, Christmas, and New Years. From the beginning of November to the end of the year there isn't much going on anywhere.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I keep forgetting that you guys have another training session to go through after bootcamp these days - I almost asked what your orders say? When I went through, I went to school straight from bootcamp (after the 10 leave).

You'll adjust to the holidays after a couple of years. Just remember, they can't let EVERYBODY take leave during the holidays and the ones that are left behind will have to celebrate the holidays the best way you can figure out. And, trust me, SOMEBODY will figure out a way to make it a good time! Baracks life wasn't so bad.

Congrats, Marine.

I have no information to present to you on this topic, per say, but please, you're a Marine now. Use proper grammar and limit your use of run on sentences.

As far as the holidays. If you have a 96, they may very well allow you to go home during that 96. It'll count against your leave balance though.

It's very hard and rare to take leave or RA after MCT. It usually only happens for emergency reasons.

BTW, google is a good tool.

Again, though, congrats and GET SOME!

Why would you have to use leave to go home on a 96? I went many places during 96s- you're off during that time unless you have duty or something. As long as you live in the libo boundary limits you should be fine. If you don't, you'd be pretty silly for trying to go that far on a 96 anyway.

1171 hmmmm water boy? j/k, but Hygiene equipment operator right?
    No clue as to where you're going for school. Where are you hoping for your first duty station? I know of a few 1171's over here in Okinawa.

Thread Information