History Question........ - Page 54
Create Post
Page 54 of 118 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumley
    Are we doing TITS trivia now? And you thought I was only good at USMC Trivia....TITS I am good at!! First thing I stuck in my mouth was a TIT.
    Now we are talking Corporal Chumley. It would be hard to stump us on this one

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by E5NAMKROW
    You Ever Get A Chance, Ask A Sailor What The Two Stars On The Back Of Their Blues Represent. Watch Them Fidget And Sweat. 8 Years And Never Had One Answer Me...
    E5NAMKROW,

My bro is a 20 year Navy veteran...I asked him today and he does not know.

SFi
    C

Credits
    Savings
    [quote=TSchultz]Scuttlebutt refers to the water fountain or gossip. It became a reference for gossip because sailors would do their gossiping around the scuttlebutt as they got their water.

I'm still working on LeonardLawrence's question. It's a toughy.

Water fountain is correct - Good to go TSchultz. Keep it up!

Credits
    Savings

Tit's about time someone answered this one....

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardLawrence
    Who were the first women in the military service to wear fatigues (utilities)? Elaborate as to their duties, the time frame and their branch of service!
    Cpl LL - didn't you post this trivia SIX days ago???
    SIX DAYS have passed and not a single poolie has answered you!

You must have done something wrong!!
    You must have an IMPOSSIBLE question here!!!
    There is no answer!!! It's toooo tough!!!!
    Could be that all the poolies are just SCARED of you!!!!!

Something must explain why you have no answer?
    Maybe all the poolies are taking the easy way out and joining the Guard??

I hope there's a poolie who can restore my confidence and answer this....

Cpl LL - didn't you post this trivia SIX days ago???
    SIX DAYS have passed and not a single poolie has answered you!

You must have done something wrong!!
    You must have an IMPOSSIBLE question here!!!
    There is no answer!!! It's toooo tough!!!!
    Could be that all the poolies are just SCARED of you!!!!!

Something must explain why you have no answer?
    Maybe all the poolies are taking the easy way out and joining the Guard??

I hope there's a poolie who can restore my confidence and answer this....
    I will give a hint. The answer can be found....in a book

Does this answer it?
    At all?
    It is all USMC.

1918 --Pvt. Opha Mae Johnson becomes the first woman to enlist in the Marine Corps Reserve 1943 --Colonel Ruth Cheney Streeter first Director of Women Marine Reservists 1943 --Captain Anne Lentz, first commissioned officer 1943 --Private Lucille McClarren first enlisted woman 1945 --first detachment of women marines arrives in Hawaii for duty 1948 --Colonel. Katherine A. Towle first Director of Women Marines 1961 --The first woman Marine is promoted to Sergeant Major (E-9). 1965 --The Marine Corps assigns the first woman to attachÚ duty. Later, she is the first woman Marine to serve under hostile fire. 1978 --Colonel Margaret A. Brewer was the first woman Marine general officer 1979 --The Marine Corps assigns women as embassy guards. 1985 --Colonel Gail M. Reals, the first woman selected by a board of general officers to be advanced to brigadier general 1992 --Brigadier General Carol A. Mutter assumed command of the 3d Force Service Support Group, Okinawa, the first woman to command a Fleet Marine Force unit at the flag level 1993 --2d Lieutenant Sarah Deal became the first woman Marine selected for Naval aviation training 1993 --The Marine Corps opens pilot positions to women. 1994 --Brigadier General Mutter became the first woman major general in the Marine Corps and the senior woman on active duty in the armed services 1995 --The first female Marine pilot pins on Naval flight wings. 1996 --Lieutenant General Mutter became the first woman Marine and the second woman in the history of the armed services to wear three stars Today --Women serve in 93 percent of all occupational fields and 62 percent of all billets. Women constitute 6.2 percent of the Corps end strength and are an integral part of the Marine Corps.

I am going to take a long shot and say:

The women of the Auxiliary Territorial Service of the British Army, 1941. They were convoy drivers, ambulance drivers, and Anti-aircraft units.

Did you want women in the United States military service specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG1990tn
    Does this answer it?
    At all?
    It is all USMC.

1918 --Pvt. Opha Mae Johnson becomes the first woman to enlist in the Marine Corps Reserve 1943 --Colonel Ruth Cheney Streeter first Director of Women Marine Reservists 1943 --Captain Anne Lentz, first commissioned officer 1943 --Private Lucille McClarren first enlisted woman 1945 --first detachment of women marines arrives in Hawaii for duty 1948 --Colonel. Katherine A. Towle first Director of Women Marines 1961 --The first woman Marine is promoted to Sergeant Major (E-9). 1965 --The Marine Corps assigns the first woman to attachÚ duty. Later, she is the first woman Marine to serve under hostile fire. 1978 --Colonel Margaret A. Brewer was the first woman Marine general officer 1979 --The Marine Corps assigns women as embassy guards. 1985 --Colonel Gail M. Reals, the first woman selected by a board of general officers to be advanced to brigadier general 1992 --Brigadier General Carol A. Mutter assumed command of the 3d Force Service Support Group, Okinawa, the first woman to command a Fleet Marine Force unit at the flag level 1993 --2d Lieutenant Sarah Deal became the first woman Marine selected for Naval aviation training 1993 --The Marine Corps opens pilot positions to women. 1994 --Brigadier General Mutter became the first woman major general in the Marine Corps and the senior woman on active duty in the armed services 1995 --The first female Marine pilot pins on Naval flight wings. 1996 --Lieutenant General Mutter became the first woman Marine and the second woman in the history of the armed services to wear three stars Today --Women serve in 93 percent of all occupational fields and 62 percent of all billets. Women constitute 6.2 percent of the Corps end strength and are an integral part of the Marine Corps.
    Great compliation. Bullets would have been easier to read. Oh....and not close.

Quote Originally Posted by TSchultz
    I am going to take a long shot and say:

The women of the Auxiliary Territorial Service of the British Army, 1941. They were convoy drivers, ambulance drivers, and Anti-aircraft units.

Did you want women in the United States military service specifically?
    Answer is incorrect. US Military.

I assume poolees who guess and are wrong are punishing themselves accordingly. I like running if you are unsure what to do.

Ok, another answer. Shorter than the last post.
    How about Army Nurse Corps?
    I have adjusted myself accordingly. As well as thrashed myself.
    Seriously.I went on the usualy run.Yet instead of 7 miles.I made it hurt a little.Somewhere around 9 miles..Tired, sore, hurt, blistered,,, Feels good.
    As well as the normal workout program.

Credits
    Savings
    Ok, another answer. Shorter than the last post.
    How about Army Nurse Corps?
    I have adjusted myself accordingly. As well as thrashed myself.
    Seriously.I went on the usualy run.Yet instead of 7 miles.I made it hurt a little.Somewhere around 9 miles..Tired, sore, hurt, blistered,,, Feels good.
    As well as the normal workout program.
    JAG1990tn,

Are you OK man??? I saw your photo and you look all bumpy?

A serious suggestion....constructive criticism only....Are you guessing at your answer, or are you sure about it? If you are not sure, give CPL LL some respect and make sure you've got it right. If you are sure, I suggest that you present your answer affirmatively. When you get to boot, the DI's will eat you up with "guesses". YOU, however, look like you might actually enjoy your time on the quarterdeck though...good luck Poolie!!!

The rest of you Poolies should also consider my advice.

C

Nah..I searched for the question.In ASKJEEVES.COM
    And I got this answer, about women in the Army Nurse Corps being commissioned from the end of WWI.And that they served as nurses from then on.I can't quote word for word.
    Your last quote actually made me laugh."all bumpy"
    What kind of bumpy are we talking about?
    The good kind or bad or,, just the weird kind?Lol

And please explain to me what The quarter deck comment is about.I have not aquired much knowledge in this area.I have a feeling that it is a severe form of discipline.Yet unsure to what degree.Please feel me in.I am sure the other poolees would like to know more about this as well.If we are out there, what are we looking at?
    Yeah i am fine man..Just Rowdy..Lol

Credits
    Savings
    And please explain to me what The quarter deck comment is about.I have not aquired much knowledge in this area.I have a feeling that it is a severe form of discipline.Yet unsure to what degree.Please feel me in.I am sure the other poolees would like to know more about this as well.If we are out there, what are we looking at?
    Yeah i am fine man..Just Rowdy..Lol

Google is another good search engine.

Quarterdeck is the front of the squadbay. It's a place where and DI's and recruits share unforgetable training experiences. The pit is also a place where DI's and recruits connect, but it'll hold the whole platoon, and ahhhh the memories. Don't worry too much about it now...there will be an orientation when you get there. They'll have other DIs check out those bumps for you to make sure that they meet USMC standards. Also, they'll teach you to answer clearly if you get a bit vague with your answers. It's all good.

Final suggestion - Ask your DI's to "feel you in" if you have any questions when you get there.

Google is another good search engine.

Quarterdeck is the front of the squadbay. It's a place where and DI's and recruits share unforgetable training experiences. The pit is also a place where DI's and recruits connect, but it'll hold the whole platoon, and ahhhh the memories. Don't worry too much about it now...there will be an orientation when you get there. They'll have other DIs check out those bumps for you to make sure that they meet USMC standards. Also, they'll teach you to answer clearly if you get a bit vague with your answers. It's all good.

Final suggestion - Ask your DI's to "feel you in" if you have any questions when you get there.
    Thanks for the info.Any advice to be given is openly accepted.From poolee or Marine.
    And I still don't understand what bumps you are talking about.My shoulders? If so that was a little while back.I have sleeked down alot from running.It used to be all bulk.Yet my workouts have toned my size alot.
    Anyhow.Thanks for the info.

Thread Information